Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

AMEX Zync

What credit score do you need to get the AMEX Zync?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Zync

650-850 

Scores dont tend to matter much to Amex as they use their own system and numbers. Some with high scores have been denied while others with lower scores have been approved. This is their beginner card and if you dont meet qualifications for NPSL you may be offered a 500 hard limit. Wont know till you try.

Message 2 of 25
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

650-850 

Scores dont tend to matter much to Amex as they use their own system and numbers. Some with high scores have been denied while others with lower scores have been approved. This is their beginner card and if you dont meet qualifications for NPSL you may be offered a 500 hard limit. Wont know till you try.

I have tryed three times my score is 680 EX my side when they pull it it is 640, and i have tryed the zync and green card and alway a no.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under their app status page, what reason do they give you?

Message 4 of 25
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Under their app status page, what reason do they give you?

Credit score too low a rep in credit annalist sad the same. To menny inq in 6 mouths old two.
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait 6 months. By then your score should be up and inqs aged.

Message 6 of 25
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The inq are one year old. I got my score from myfico and they said my score is 680, one other site sad the same.
Message 7 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Don't focus on your score when applying for AMEX.   In general you should have a good credit history with several credit cards, all least 1 year old.     If you have lates they should be at least 3 or 4 years old.      Major derogatories will make it harder for you to be approved.  

AMEX is quirky ~ so the above are general recommendations, as always you never really know until you apply.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The inq are one year old. I got my score from myfico and they said my score is 680, one other site sad the same.

Yes but there telling you there still to recent. If baddies are removed or aged you score should improve. I still reccomend waiting 6 months to a year. What is it about Zync that makes you want it? You said you also applied for green. Is it the rewards?

Message 9 of 25
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes but there telling you there still to recent. If baddies are removed or aged you score should improve. I still reccomend waiting 6 months to a year. What is it about Zync that makes you want it? You said you also applied for green. Is it the rewards?

I dont AMEX told me that it was the best fire me with my credit score.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.