Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync

@webhopper wrote:
File a police report, send a copy of the police report as well as a wacko letter about how you will sue the pants off of chase and the bureaus if they continue to report this fraudulent account. If they continue to report it, find a lawyer through legal aid and have him start writing letters. You shouldn't be dealing with this.
I have done this just waiting now.
Message 21 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm so sorry for the pain that this fraud has caused. I just sent off for a voluntary security freeze for this reason. I travel a lot and I'm afraid of getting my wallet and ID stolen..
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I'm so sorry for the pain that this fraud has caused. I just sent off for a voluntary security freeze for this reason. I travel a lot and I'm afraid of getting my wallet and ID stolen..

+1 on security freezes. It stops fraud in its tracks.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 25
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

I don't want to get too off-topic, so forgive me (I do really want the Zync and am thinking of apping soon). My wife had her purse stolen in Chicago at a restaurant. It must've been "planned out" because for literally a few years. Not just a couple credit cards, apping things periodically for 3 or 4 years. The person was opening up credit cards in my wifes name...basically assuming her identity as much as she could. Despite police reports, and monitoring, sometimes these things happen and you just have to be ultra-viglilent. That's why I always tell my friends firmly "forget" about the credit scores/monitoring, just find something that will help protect you from identity theft. They never found the person, and identity theft in general doesn't seem to be getting any better.

But, about the Zync, I'm just waiting as I think I'm borderline. About 650 for EQ & EX and 670 for TU, great payment history, but higher util of about 80% which should be monumentally paid down soon. We shop at Costco a ton, so think this is a good start before working up to BCP or maybe Costco version. By the end of summer hope to have Citi Forward (with my wife) and Zync!

P.S.

In terms of AMEX cards, my wife has been receiving offers for AMEX Gold Card. She has a high util, too --I'd say about 75%-- but, perfect payment history (no baddies ever), but short account history (about 4 years), and high limits BOA $9,800, Care Credit $7,500, Best Buy $3,500, Car Loan $15,000 ($8k balance). Think she should just app anyways?? Oh, and she only has 1 inquiry (maybe 2??) and that was in June 2010. Credit Scores are about 700-715.

Message 24 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Dagansinferno wrote:

But, about the Zync, I'm just waiting as I think I'm borderline. About 650 for EQ & EX and 670 for TU, great payment history, but higher util of about 80% which should be monumentally paid down soon. We shop at Costco a ton, so think this is a good start before working up to BCP or maybe Costco version. By the end of summer hope to have Citi Forward (with my wife) and Zync!

P.S.

In terms of AMEX cards, my wife has been receiving offers for AMEX Gold Card. She has a high util, too --I'd say about 75%-- but, perfect payment history (no baddies ever), but short account history (about 4 years), and high limits BOA $9,800, Care Credit $7,500, Best Buy $3,500, Car Loan $15,000 ($8k balance). Think she should just app anyways?? Oh, and she only has 1 inquiry (maybe 2??) and that was in June 2010. Credit Scores are about 700-715.

You guys are in Costco range anyway with your balances cleaned up, and possibly better than that... and that's just you.  If you're at 650 FICO now, and high utilization, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor for not being borderline for a Zync or better with a cleaner sheet.  Your wife is in a sweeter spot than that even.

You'll be fine.

        
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.