Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync

tag
abarcla1
New Contributor

AMEX Zync

Hey Everyone.

I've started the credit rebuilding journey recently...as in about 6 months ago.  I've seen a significant jump in score from the low 500's to the 640 range (myFico TU/EQ).  I have 2 collections that will be coming off in the next 30 days or so after a couple successful PFDs.  That should give my score another boost.

I'd like to set some personal goals for prime cards for myself, but I need some direction.  I'd like to have a "well rounded wallet".

I'm interested in some information on AMEX cards.  Particularly, are any easier to get than others?  What is AMEX Zync?  What kind of scores should I be looking at?

Any input is totally appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync

Amex Zync is discontinued 

Message 2 of 5
abarcla1
New Contributor

I thought I read that on another board but I keep coming across it so I thought I would ask! 

Any knowledge on the other AMEX cards?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@abarcla1 wrote:

I thought I read that on another board but I keep coming across it so I thought I would ask! 

Any knowledge on the other AMEX cards?

Thanks!

Anecdotally, the Gold Delta SkyMiles card, a co-branded card, has a bit more relaxed underwriting criteria than others in the AMEX family. 

The charge cards are usually (but not always) easier to get.  You'll read references here about the Zync card, but it was discontinued some months ago.  AMEX has not required current holders of the card to transition to another card, hence the discussions you'll see about the card.

You're going to need scores (AMEX nearly always pulls EX but can vary due to certain circumstances) probably above 680ish and more likely near or above 700, particularly for some of the AMEX products.  Some you'll need to be 720 or greater.  As with everything creditwise, YMMV.  There are stories of folks getting approved that have lower scores.  A lot depends on your total picture of score/ util % / CL / balances / AAofA.

EDIT:  For more info on scores needed you can check out www.whogavemecredit.com or do a Google search on "credit pulls database" for the site of which we may not speak.  This will also give you some good information on score requirements and approvals. 

Message 4 of 5
abarcla1
New Contributor

Thank you Thom!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.