Dogface

Re: AMEX account closed - Recon denied

I agree that I should foster the current relationships that I have. In my recon phone call I even tried to explain that I filed Ch 13 which is a repayment plan, not one where I just walked away completely free, they still didn't deem me worthy. 

Regular Contributor
McArthur

Re: AMEX account closed - Recon denied

Unless the repayment plan resulted in AmEx getting 100% of what they were owed, you might have to wait a while before they will give you another chance.

Some inexplicably do get another chance either by design or by slipping through the cracks.  Lately on other forums you can read a lot of stories about AmEx forgiving those from long ago.  Could have something to do with their recent multi-million $ slap upside the head by the CFPB for, amongst other things, certain blacklisting issues.  Or maybe not.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+