Contributor

AMEX additional cardmember backdating

[ Edited ]

So I just created my online account and to my surprise, it says under my name...

Thank you for being a cardmember since 1991!! 

I wasn't expecting this to happen since I have read dozens of topics about this and it seems that there are multiple opinions out there. I originally had 3 AMEX cards in the early to late 90's but things happen. I did pay them in full a few years later but haven't been a member since. My Fiance just added me to her new account, got FR'd right away but all is well now. My card definitely says Member since 12. We'll see how it shows up on my reports, I assume 12 but I will update when I get that info.

Fico scores TU 835 EQ 817 EX 821
New Contributor

Re: AMEX additional cardmember backdating

Don't get your hopes up on getting an ACM backdated :smileytongue:

I was added as an ACM on my fiancée's AmEx. When I log in, it says "Thank you for being a cardmember since 2010." It just reported today, and is showing up as opened on 11/2012 (which it was).

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Contributor

Re: AMEX additional cardmember backdating

That's ok, i was expecting that. I guess I am happy that they recognized my original member date without any input from me. Hopefully if I decide to reapply in the future they will do it automatically if it's still their policy to do so.

Thanks

Fico scores TU 835 EQ 817 EX 821
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.