Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX additional cardmember backdating

tag
akabigo
Contributor

AMEX additional cardmember backdating

So I just created my online account and to my surprise, it says under my name...

Thank you for being a cardmember since 1991!! 

I wasn't expecting this to happen since I have read dozens of topics about this and it seems that there are multiple opinions out there. I originally had 3 AMEX cards in the early to late 90's but things happen. I did pay them in full a few years later but haven't been a member since. My Fiance just added me to her new account, got FR'd right away but all is well now. My card definitely says Member since 12. We'll see how it shows up on my reports, I assume 12 but I will update when I get that info.

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Omri
New Contributor

Re: AMEX additional cardmember backdating

Don't get your hopes up on getting an ACM backdated Smiley Tongue

I was added as an ACM on my fiancée's AmEx. When I log in, it says "Thank you for being a cardmember since 2010." It just reported today, and is showing up as opened on 11/2012 (which it was).

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 2 of 3
akabigo
Contributor

Re: AMEX additional cardmember backdating

That's ok, i was expecting that. I guess I am happy that they recognized my original member date without any input from me. Hopefully if I decide to reapply in the future they will do it automatically if it's still their policy to do so.

Thanks

Fico scores 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.