Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX address verification? What to do?

tag
epicureanism
Contributor

AMEX address verification? What to do?

Hi all, I just applied for AMEX blue cash preferred and get "address verification" information. They need me to call them to verify. Does anyone here have similar experiences? Under such circumstances, what should I prepare? Do I have a good chance of approval? Thanks! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX address verification? What to do?

@epicureanism wrote:

Hi all, I just applied for AMEX blue cash preferred and get "address verification" information. They need me to call them to verify. Does anyone here have similar experiences? Under such circumstances, what should I prepare? Do I have a good chance of approval? Thanks! 

they probably just want to verify its you that's applying, not someone else.

they will ask you some questions over the phone, and if necessary have you fax in your ID and related documents to prove your identity.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@epicureanism wrote:

Call sounds like your approved if thats all they need

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
epicureanism
Contributor

Yeah when I received an email about this and when I logged in to check the status. It only says address verification needed. Thanks! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Message 4 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@epicureanism wrote:

Good luck to you...I hope you get approved!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 17
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

I had to verify my address too. They asked who I banked with and if they could call them to verify my address. It's no big deal, EX had an old address that's why they did it.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
epicureanism
Contributor

Thank you all the guys! 

I called this afternoon and was approved with a cl of 2000! Since I only have 7 month credit history, I am really satisfied to get it. 

Message 7 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@epicureanism wrote:

Thank you all the guys! 

I called this afternoon and was approved with a cl of 2000! Since I only have 7 month credit history, I am really satisfied to get it. 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@epicureanism wrote:

Thank you all the guys! 

Yay! Congrats and welcome to the AMEX family!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I had to do addy verification too! It was easy!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.