Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX & CHASE Pre Approval help

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX & CHASE Pre Approval help

@Smaldovan wrote:

Thanks everyone...any insight on which cards are better?

depends....

BCE offers 3% CB on groceries and 2% on gas and 1% on everything else

The Freedom is a 1% CB on everything but has rotating catagories every quarter which offers 5% on some stuff.

If you want one card and use it for everything I would probably say the BCE is a better deal overall  since I assume you shop for groceries Smiley Happy

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 20
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Pre-qualify and pre-approved are being tossed around in this thread as one and the same. In my opinion they are completely different. One says you've met certain criteria and they can futher scrutinize the hell out of you. The latter says, give us a little current info and it's a done deal. You will likely see your APR on a pre-approval. 

Message 12 of 20
All4One
Valued Member

I've got the BCE and like it.  Amex website is good and they have these AmexOffers that you can take advantage of every once in a while.  Only problem is I still run into places that don't accept american express, so I have a backup mastercard.

AMEX BCE $15k // IHG Rewards $5900 // USAA MC $3000 // AF BANK $1000
CK 774 (3/14/14) // CS FAKO 792 (3/1/14) // Quizzle 761 (1/16/14)
Last HP 3/20/14
Message 13 of 20
Smaldovan

Took the plunge and got denied for the BCE and approved for Chase Freedom...ones better than nothing I suppose...off to garden Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO Freedom is better than the BCE and I have them both. Freedom all the way! But as some have said. BCE could be better for you depending on what you buy and how you buy.

Message 15 of 20
sr383
Regular Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:
From what I've read here, they're both solid pre-quals. Go for it and check Cap 1 too, theirs are solid as well. As far as Discover, any dog with a computer can get a pre-qual LOL.

Any dog with his own computer DESERVES a pre-qual. Smiley Very Happy

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 16 of 20
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@sr383 wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:
From what I've read here, they're both solid pre-quals. Go for it and check Cap 1 too, theirs are solid as well. As far as Discover, any dog with a computer can get a pre-qual LOL.

Any dog with his own computer DESERVES a pre-qual. Smiley Very Happy

and approval LOL....you're rightSmiley LOL

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smaldovan wrote:

Took the plunge and got denied for the BCE and approved for Chase Freedom...ones better than nothing I suppose...off to garden Smiley Happy

Congrats on the Freedom.  Since you already took the HP for the BCE, call up Amex and try to recon it.  Worst they do is say no.  

Message 18 of 20
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Smaldovan wrote:

Congrats on the Freedom.  Since you already took the HP for the BCE, call up Amex and try to recon it.  Worst they do is say no.  

+1. Go for it. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 19 of 20
Smaldovan

I have never done that before whats the best approach, what am I supposed to say?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.