Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX & Hooters CLI

tag
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

AMEX & Hooters CLI

I'm thinking of requesting CLI; got AMEX Delta in Jan 08, currently 390/1000.  Got Hooters in Feb 08, currently 250/1100.  Have been steadily paying over minimum; do they like to see heavy usage and PIF?  Will it cost me a hard or soft inquiry?  What do you think my chances are?  Don't want to risk it if consensus is I won't get it.  Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX & Hooters CLI

IMHO- If you were only approved for Amex at $1K (like me) wait 6 months and go for 3x the CL

Amex wants to see a solid payment history with them-
IMO- this may be even more important than score-  

Hooter will pull a hard for a customer requested CL- 
They review regularly- use it, pay it,
Message 2 of 4
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

Thanks Timothy.  I'll hold off on Hooters, but are you sure AMEX puts more weight on payment hist vs. scores?  My scores aren't the greatest, TU 617 EQ 578.  This was as of mid Apr and I've paid off 3 cc since then (of course no SW alert so don't know if scores have increased).  Really trying to refrain from pulling scores until after everything has had a chance to report.
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree payment history more important, AS long as your credit is not getting worse!
If something new comes up bad than it's over.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.