Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX & Twitter

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

AMEX & Twitter

Hey...

Has anyone synced their AMEX card to twitter to take advantage of any specials? If so? Has it been worthwhile?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pkosheta
Contributor

Re: AMEX & Twitter

I've synced both Amexs via twitter and one via Facebook.  I've actually used what I loaded/synced about 4-5 times in the last 6 months.  95% percent of the time the deals  are nothing I would ever buy..But I usually find something once every other month.  The best deals are the ones on things you would buy anyways like 5 dollar statement credit when you buy 25 dollars worth of gas at a certain station or 5 dollar credit when you buy 5 bucks or more of McDonald's ( this is a current deal).  I get a statement credit in 2-3 days, but they say it could take a cycle or two.  I have used one other deal to get 10 bucks off a clothes store I like, but I'm not a big spender outside of necessities, which is really what Amex is gearing is towards most of the time with the deals.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 2 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Thanks pkosheta.  Sounds like it won't hurt to sync it up in case they offer a deal I can use.

Message 3 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I've synched at the beginning of the year and have found it to be useful. So far I've received:

$25 Cheesecake Factory

$25 Macacroni Grill

$5 McDonalds (twice, two seperate deals)

$50 Travelocity

$25 Ticketmaster

$5 Shell Gas

That's $135 saved on stuff that I was going to buy anyway. I could have taken advantage of a second round of offers on Macaroni's for $25, but didn't get around to it in time. I think it's a good deal, as it's money in my pocket for simply using the card as a means of tendering payment for planned purchases.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Yes, I've synched at the beginning of the year and have found it to be useful. So far I've received:

$25 Cheesecake Factory

$25 Macacroni Grill

$5 McDonalds (twice, two seperate deals)

$50 Travelocity

$25 Ticketmaster

$5 Shell Gas

That's $135 saved on stuff that I was going to buy anyway. I could have taken advantage of a second round of offers on Macaroni's for $25, but didn't get around to it in time. I think it's a good deal, as it's money in my pocket for simply using the card as a means of tendering payment for planned purchases.

Nice list of savings.  All of these are places I spend with .  Thanks Tinu.

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I synced it up and havent really used it Smiley Very Happy

I need to start!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I synced it up and havent really used it Smiley Very Happy

I need to start!

We can start together!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.