Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

AMEX and BK ???

I know this has been stated but just curious??

 

I have these accounts that have a balance paid off by Christmas

 

BB store card 750 cl   0 bal

Barclays  3000.00  200  bal

Cap one  2000    0 balance

Fairwinds 2500   2200 balance

Chevron texaco   1000    40.00 bal

HSBC /Cap one Discover rewards  1300.00 CL   0 balance

 

I have a bk that will be  7.5 yrs in December ... new account in April 2012  (fairwinds)

 

AAoA  is about 6 yrs   NO negatives since BK in 2005 ...all reports clear execpt for public record...

 

I have 1 inq on EX  denial from Amex  in December ....5 each on EQ and TU...that will be a year in December......

 

 

What are my chances of getting approved  for Zync at the 8yr mark next June??

 

Just your thoughts  ...

 

 


Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???


amercnchopz34 wrote:

I know this has been stated but just curious??

 

I have these accounts that have a balance paid off by Christmas

 

BB store card 750 cl   0 bal

Barclays  3000.00  200  bal

Cap one  2000    0 balance

Fairwinds 2500   2200 balance

Chevron texaco   1000    40.00 bal

HSBC /Cap one Discover rewards  1300.00 CL   0 balance

 

I have a bk that will be  7.5 yrs in December ... new account in April 2012  (fairwinds)

 

AAoA  is about 6 yrs   NO negatives since BK in 2005 ...all reports clear execpt for public record...

 

I have 1 inq on EX  denial from Amex  in December ....5 each on EQ and TU...that will be a year in December......

 

 

What are my chances of getting approved  for Zync at the 8yr mark next June??

 

Just your thoughts  ...

 

 


I think your chances are good as long as you get your util. below 10%.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

I will be there .....I am just in fear of rejection.......I want to arrive in primeville....I just dont want to wait till that 10 yr mark ......Smiley Mad


Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

[ Edited ]

also...I just found out that an ex girlfriend had me as a user on her card back in 1995......when I get a card will this help me with backdating??   account went bad  for lack of activity...I never used the account


Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???


amercnchopz34 wrote:

also...I just found out that an ex girlfriend had me as a user on her card back in 1995......when I get a card will this help me with backdating??   account went bad  for lack of activity...I never used the account


I dont think so, that was awhile back. I also seen on the forums on a certain date soon AMEX will no longer accept AU applicants getting backdating.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

gotcha ...thanks for the update...I guess I will have to wait it our and maybe pull the trigger in June


Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

It's possible that you could be backdated to 1995, but I think it's unlikely.  Amex has stoped backdating AU accounts; I know they don't backdate to original cardmember's join year and I think they've also stopped counting AU accounts when that person opens their own account later.  Also, I think I read something on here a few days ago about a person not being backdated because they weren't a continuous member, however plenty of people have been backdated without continuity in the past.  Backdating to an old AU account is probably going to be a little hit or miss, do you have proof of the account in case Amex can't locate it?

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

Just called the customer service number .....gave them my social ...they told me that I had an account but that original card member (EX )  had it


Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???


Koop10010 wrote:

It's possible that you could be backdated to 1995, but I think it's unlikely.  Amex has stoped backdating AU accounts; I know they don't backdate to original cardmember's join year and I think they've also stopped counting AU accounts when that person opens their own account later.  Also, I think I read something on here a few days ago about a person not being backdated because they weren't a continuous member, however plenty of people have been backdated without continuity in the past.  Backdating to an old AU account is probably going to be a little hit or miss, do you have proof of the account in case Amex can't locate it?


I don't think thats true. A lot of members here have been successful backdating thier new AMEX accounts to their original account open dates.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: AMEX and BK ???

Are you talking about AU accounts?  I was positive that's been confirmed here, that you can no longer add an authorized user and give that person your join year.  People were having join years before they were even born just by their parents adding them to their card.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.