Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and Chase app

tag
5underparnv
Established Member

AMEX and Chase app

Thinking of applying for AMEX Blue and Chase Freedom. EQ 745, EX 739, Tu 757 100k income. Have 8 Cc's but only 2 year history after none for five years after divorce. All balances zero or very low. Have 8 HP but half are for business credit. Waiting until next month when two HP's fall off. Highest CL is 3500 so looking for something with a higher limit. Chase sounds to be fairly generous right now but don't want the HP to hurt my chances on the AMEX. Any advice?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX and Chase app

Welcome to the forum

What other cards do you have and are those Fico scores?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
5underparnv
Established Member

Yes FICO scores. Have BofA cash rewards, Citi diamond preferred, US Bank 123, Discover More, Cap 1 quicksilver, a couple gas cards and a Sears card.
Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@5underparnv wrote:
Yes FICO scores. Have BofA cash rewards, Citi diamond preferred, US Bank 123, Discover More, Cap 1 quicksilver, a couple gas cards and a Sears card.

With your scores, cards, and history IMHO

I think you'll be approved for both

The only problem Chase can be INQ sensitive but recon is great with them and your INQ's can be explained easily as business related 

Good luck should you app

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@5underparnv wrote:

With your scores, cards, and history IMHO

I think you'll be approved for both

The only problem Chase can be INQ sensitive but recon is great with them and your INQ's can be explained easily as business related 

Good luck should you app

+1

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Also I just noticed you have a Discover More card do a PC to Discover IT for better rewards structure 5% categories

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum

What other cards do you have and are those Fico scores?

Does Chase use Fico scores? I thought they had their internal scoring system. Every score is a fako if it isn't used by the lender.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, Chase does have an internal scoring system like most lenders. I would assume it is based on FICO plus their own proprietary enhancements, ie AU being discounted
Message 8 of 14
rlx01
Established Contributor

How many HP in the last 6 months?

If it was me (and it was... a year ago Smiley Happy I would app for Amex PRG + whichever Amex revolver you want a minute after that (if PRG approved). PRG is free for the first year, and Amex backdates... So...

If you get denied for the revolver (SP), you should build some history with the PRG and app again in January.

Then app for Chase (check their pre-qualifier site first to get a feel for where you place with them -- are you seeing a low APR on the Freedom? Is the CSP offered? etc).

I would personally app for AMEX first, 3x CLI @ 61 days, wait for the CL to report and then app for Chase. They'll match your highest CL + $500-$2000.

YMMV, etc, etc. Chase have recently dropped their underwriting requirements for the CSP, so now's probably a good time to app.

@09Lexie: Perhaps Chase disregards AU accounts for scoring purposes. But they did a CL match for me even though my highest CL was an AU account (and they topped it by $2000). So... YMMV as usual. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, Chase does have an internal scoring system like most lenders. I would assume it is based on FICO plus their own proprietary enhancements, ie AU being discounted

+1 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.