Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and a dead horse

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

AMEX and a dead horse

Smiley MadI know I keep beating this dead horse but AMEX has cut 2 statments as of last week since I opened up a  personal account and still no reporting. How long does it take? Still waitingSmiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX and a dead horse

Typically in the past, they didn't update until 4 weeks after the statement drops, or in other words, just a couple of days before the next statement is expected to appear. Smiley Tongue

They started changing some of their cards for some people to updating as soon as the account posts, but this definitely isn't happening for everyone. And a delay is more common when it's a new account, I think.

Hang in there...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

Get up horse Get up ! ! ! Still beating the horse, it hasn't moved yet Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Beating A Dead Horse Pictures, Images and Photos

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

For me, Amex reports the same day as my payment is due, so 25 days after the statement cuts. (So, about the 3.5 weeks that someone mentioned earlier). 

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ChemGuy wrote:

For me, Amex reports the same day as my payment is due, so 25 days after the statement cuts. (So, about the 3.5 weeks that someone mentioned earlier). 

You know, that's probably the timing that they use; hadn't thought of it that way.

Now, if they were reporting the remaining balance due as of the due date, that would be great. But they're still reporting the balance on the earlier statement, even if it has since been paid off. Or at least, that has been my experience.

Message 6 of 7
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

Hauling thats HILARIOUS ! ! !Smiley Very Happy Let see my first due date was Sept 12, 2010 First statemwnt cut on Aug 18, Second cut on Sept 17. So I don't see whats going on if they reported on the due date or the second statement it should have reported by now...... Maybe they report on the due date of the second statement or third or fourth. Geesh i'm reaching now .

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.