cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and need your help

tag
morphius

AMEX and need your help

So I applied to AMEX. My Credit score is in the lows 700.
I got rejected due to some history with them about 15 years ago.
The reason for the rejection is:   American Express cancelled your previous account(s).

Now since then I am a "good guy". Is it possible to try to call them and beg them to look a bit into it, to change their mind? What are my chances? what should I say? also, who should I call? the normal 800 number with the person that takes the apps by phone?

What do you think?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX and need your help

I think you should search  this forum for AMEX OASIS and call the 3 numbers you find.

This oddly may be a good thing for you.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX and need your help

morphius wrote:

So I applied to AMEX.
The reason for the rejection is:   American Express cancelled your previous account(s).

Like Cookie said. Give Oasis a shot.

When AMEX cancelled your previous account, was there a balance still owed? If so, when you call the Oasis folks, they will have the details and the balance owed. Once you pay that, they'll give you an Optima, but you can then apply for other AMEX credit and charge cards.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.