Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX app update thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX app update thoughts?

Am I the only one dissatisfied with the update? The old interface was really streamlined, this one seems a lot more crampted and harder to navigate. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX app update thoughts?

It's funny I have a smartphone but the only finance app I have is for my TD bank checking.

I tried the Discover app, never Amex's but I just find the apps just always seem buggier/harder to navigate vs just logging on to the site on my desktop. So I just don't bother with it. It's useful for notifications, though.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im a new AMEX member so I have no reference point. So far, it seems user friendly.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny, I don't always know whether something new is "less intuitive" than its predecessor, or it's just new and i'm not yet used to it. I feel the same way, though. The last app was more visually appealing and intuitive to navigate.

But, I'm sure I'll get used to this, too.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree the websites are usually better. In my situation though, since I travel all the time it's more convenient to log in from my phone as opposed to buying a laptop or a tablet.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took a little getting used to....not horrible but I dont feel its an improvement either. I liked being able to swipe through multiple accounts from the same screen. Simple.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it looks much nicer! But would have to agree with you on navigation, I found it harder to navigate.

I will probably get used to it in another few weeks though, and forget that there was even an update.

I remember back in the day when I was on Facebook, everyone complaining about every update; then a week later they would forget about it and get ready to complain about the next one lol

Message 7 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

LOL... this is too funny - I thought I was the only one.  Smiley Very Happy

As soon as my phone was "updated" and I saw what they had done, I immediately did a search online to see if it was possible to 'back out' the update and go back to the old version.  Of course without having lots of Android knowledge (or at least, more than I have) as well as access to the previous files it isn't possible.

I guess I'll just have to 'get with the times' and learn the ins-and-outs of the new version.  That still doesn't fix the issue of it not being as attractive as the old version, but that's just cosmetic, and as long as I can make it work I 'suppose' that's all that matters.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Am I the only one dissatisfied with the update? The old interface was really streamlined, this one seems a lot more crampted and harder to navigate. Am I the only one?

No one is every the only one on any topic.  That said, I'm not disappointed.  Not excited either.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like it. Pretty good update IMO.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.