Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX app within 30 days

tag
RHAL
Regular Contributor

AMEX app within 30 days

I was wondering if anybody has any experience applying for AMEX within the 30 day window? I applied through my current account access last month. I was denied due to util, but my utilization had gone down from 90% to 25% now. I was wondering if I clear my cookies and cold apply without my account access, would it go through?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX app within 30 days

Have to wait more than 30 days after denial.  Cookies have nothing to do with it.  So wait the 31 days and keep that util low

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 10
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Thanks Crashem! So they still will recognize me without logging into my PRG account?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 3 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Haahaa you better hope so or you will take a hard pull no matter what the result.  Obviously they can identify you from your app so they will see the denial.  Nothing to do with your account with AMEX.  But being logged in is a good thing since existing AMEX customers take no hard pull with rejection.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

Thanks Crashem! So they still will recognize me without logging into my PRG account?

yes, you do realize you enter in your information while applying. So they will see that you have applied recently.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 10
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks guys. I will try again after the 30 days.

Message 6 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, you have to wait 30 days.   Any subsequent applications after a denial within this window will be cancelled.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

As a heads up, while it doesn't make much difference if it's a SP, Amex pulls their customers reports once roughly every 2 months, so it may be a bit before they see that your utilization has changed and they base their initial decision on that.

        
Message 8 of 10
lorenzj4
Established Member

When I first applied for Amex, I got counter offer and it time out before I could fill it out. Reapplied a week later hoping it would give me the offer again, i was denied and the application canceled. Applied again at the 30 day mark and it was again denied and cancelled.  3 days later they changed the app status to approved.

Message 9 of 10
creditballer
Regular Contributor

lorenzj4 what was the reasons for ur denials? 

@lorenzj4 wrote:

When I first applied for Amex, I got counter offer and it time out before I could fill it out. Reapplied a week later hoping it would give me the offer again, i was denied and the application canceled. Applied again at the 30 day mark and it was again denied and cancelled.  3 days later they changed the app status to approved.

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.