Did you mean: 

AMEX application status page...weird

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX application status page...weird

@yudeology101 wrote:

UPDATE:

So I finally got a hold of someone in the New Acct Dept., and the reason why that the status went back to "in progress" is the fact that they received my credit report (faxed) along with a letter today.  To break it down and make it easier to understand-  Applied for the PRG on the 1st.  Got denied on the 3rd, asked for 2nd review.  Next day(4th), analyst wanted me to fax in my credit report along w/  a letter.  Waited.  On the 10th, status goes from "in progress" to "denied".  Received my letter in the mail today with reasons.  Check the status page and it went from "denied" back to "in progress" again.  Well, it took them 8days to receive my fax & letter, but they already denied me on the 10th.  But still they received the letter today, so they submitted another review for the PRG.  Geez, i'm getting dizzy writing this down.  But yea, this doesn't make sense to me at all..why would they want me to fax in my report when they're not going to even take a look at it and deny me before they receive the darn thing? 

I'm getting dizzy tooo........Lol

Good luck and wishing you the best

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@ TheConductor: Point well taken, but I'd be MORE than willing to settle for the Bloom's or Macy's versions even w/o the added benefits-b/c I'm sure that no-qualifying pre-pald AMEX blue card they told me I should try via email after the denial wouldn't carry any weight in getting the Centurion version either.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Unfortunately, Amex really doesn't do recons unless the report they pulled was incorrect. It's not impossible but if there was no change in your reports chances are slim.

Still wishing you luck!
Message 13 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys, i'll keep you guys posted.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 15
rob81
New Contributor

This is similar to my current Amex ordeal. I just faxed them today. My report was different than theirs. 63 points different (utilization changed)
back in the garden!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.