Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX apply or wait?

tag
NattyPButter
Contributor

Re: AMEX apply or wait?

I have a 120 day late on my file and a 691 on my ex. I didn't get any pre qualify offers but took the chance and got approved for the BCP card with a $2000 limit. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Amex Platinum isn't *that* difficult to get? 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might * have eased up on some cards due to all the co-brands they lost. But, who really knows if this is the really reason they lowered their standards or not. Or maybe we who have some baddies made enough progress to be approved.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

675 Experian Is good. Depending on your recent inquiries. I'd say go for it.
Message 14 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The belief is that all the charge cards have (about) the same underwriting requirements, you then have a choice of how much annual fee you want to pay for various benefits.     Charge cards seem easier to get than Amex credit cards, but neither are all that hard with a somewhat clean file.

So, no, Amex Plat isn't hard to get at all, just historically people assume that it is a sign of great wealth!   It isn't...

Message 15 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, just want some advice! i've got a 675 exp fico score and was wondering if there is any chance with amex.

I've got a few baddies that have all been paid in full. Advise

Work on getting those removed first.  Hit Rebuilding, carefully research and see what you can do.  It's not just about getting an approval.  Your credit profile will determine the limit, APR, etc that you qualify for.  Get your credit in shape and then apply.  Not just with AmEx but with any creditor.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, just want some advice! i've got a 675 exp fico score and was wondering if there is any chance with amex.

I've got a few baddies that have all been paid in full. Advise

I have 2 chargeoffs that are PIF. Apped for Amex about a month ago and was approved for 5k SL. Requested a CLI at activation and was granted. My EX score at that time was 679. Good luck.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The belief is that all the charge cards have (about) the same underwriting requirements, you then have a choice of how much annual fee you want to pay for various benefits.     Charge cards seem easier to get than Amex credit cards, but neither are all that hard with a somewhat clean file.

So, no, Amex Plat isn't hard to get at all, just historically people assume that it is a sign of great wealth!   It isn't...

Good to know.  I had no idea.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.