Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX apply or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX apply or wait?

Hey guys, just want some advice! i've got a 675 exp fico score and was wondering if there is any chance with amex.

I've got a few baddies that have all been paid in full. Advise

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX apply or wait?

Try the Amex prequal... If you have an offer, I would start out with a charge card as they are historically easier to get approved for.  PRG would be the way to go.  

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing pops up for prequal. maybe i should wait?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would wait.  You can also try Cardmatch... and if there is anything there, you may have some headway..., but I would wait if you dont have anything directly from Amex.  

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my colleagues wanted to get in with Amex recently; His scores are around the 675 mark with Experian.  He tried the prequal site with Amex and he had no offers.   I sent him a referral and he tried to apply through the link.  He got denied and his file is clean.  So, your chances may vary and everyone is different.  There are times when you may have no offers and get approved with some negatives on file and there are times when you have a clean file and have no offers and you get denied.  Everyone is different. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, just want some advice! i've got a 675 exp fico score and was wondering if there is any chance with amex.

I've got a few baddies that have all been paid in full. Advise

What exactly is a few baddies and can you elaborate?  How old are the baddies?  You can still qualify for some of their easiest card to get.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 663 and was approved for the Amex Platinum
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BCE on Saturday with an ex of 670 ( Amex welcome kit had it). I have two charge offs from 2013 reporting and at the time of app I had a 31 percent utilization rate. 7 accounts in good standing, 5 cards, mortgage and car loan with oldest cc being one year and youngest being 2 months. Also, no pre offers when I did...straight old app
Message 8 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I would def try the prequal and see what happens. It is possible, but every situation is different.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for (and was approved instantly) for the BCE and PRG cards with 640-660 scores.  I was only approved for a $1000 limit on the BCE. 

Last late payment reported for me was 28 months ago.  So I'd say as long as your negatives are at least 2 years old, you should be good.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.