Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX approval data points with BK on file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX approval data points with BK on file

I decided to start a thread to capture data points around Amex approvals for people with BK still on file. It seems lately that people have been getting approved with BKs still showing on their reports. I would like to gather that info in one place so it can provide guidance to others. Below is the information and format:

When was your BK discharged? January 2009.

FICO Score at time of approval? TU 705, EX 699, EQ 715

Did you burn AMEX on your BK? Yes

If yes, how much? 800

Any lates on your file since your BK? No

Other types of accounts on file? mortgage, paid off auto loan, credit cards

Income: roughly 180K.

I look forward to your data points. Thanks for sharing.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX approval data points with BK on file

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to start a thread to capture data points around Amex approvals for people with BK still on file. It seems lately that people have been getting approved with BKs still showing on their reports. I would like to gather that info in one place so it can provide guidance to others. Below is the information and format:

When was your BK discharged? January 2009.

FICO Score at time of approval? TU 705, EX 699, EQ 715

If yes, how much? 800

Any lates on your file since your BK? No

Other types of accounts on file? mortgage, paid off auto loan, credit cards

Income: roughly 180K.

I look forward to your data points. Thanks for sharing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737 Check this thread out.

AMEX will approve with BK on file as early as 5 years post file

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Its really weird on how AmEx changed their behavior from "You burn us we will take at least before you can try and get something" to "Okay 5 years post BK is okay. Not saying OP doesn't deserve second chance, just wondering how Amex relaxed it's requirements. Is it because AmEx is losing business right and left? At this point how companies still have their cards issued through AmEx? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When was your BK discharged? 1982

If yes, how much? Can't remember

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.