Did you mean: 

AMEX approved! some questions

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX approved! some questions

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - When my NPSL Zync arrived, it did contain my fico score!

That IS really interesting, because I didn't even bother to look at the paperwork included with mine.

Gues that is what I get Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, it seems to be hit or miss.   I didn't get a score of any kind when I got my Zync. Smiley Sad  And I scrutinized front and back of everything they mailed me.....hoping I could find it....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 31 of 38
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - When my NPSL Zync arrived, it did contain my fico score!

That IS really interesting, because I didn't even bother to look at the paperwork included with mine.

Gues that is what I get Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, it seems to be hit or miss.   I didn't get a score of any kind when I got my Zync. Smiley Sad  And I scrutinized front and back of everything they mailed me.....hoping I could find it....

I didn't get my score either when I got my Green. I assumed that since it was a charge card with NPSL, I was already being given the best terms and therefore they didn't need to provide me with my score.

(Edited for fumble fingers)

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also did not get my score when my Zync arrived.  I have also made the same assumption, approved for NPSL, their best terms so no score. 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was too excited when I got my Plat card to read the fine print. I'm gonna go home and look at it, now! I did just get my lender pulls done, though.

Message 34 of 38
USF
Established Member

Well I got my BCE approval letter in the mail today (although no Zync letter), checked my EX report and only 1 inquiry for both apps! They provided me with a FICO score of 741. Kinda surprised because 3 months ago it was 697 and the only thing I've down since is pay down a few hundred dollars (roughly 30-40% util at the time), took 4 inquiries, and added a Freedom card. Adding the Freedom card with 1800 limit alone dropped my util down to around 20%. 

Message 35 of 38
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@USF wrote:

Well I got my BCE approval letter in the mail today (although no Zync letter), checked my EX report and only 1 inquiry for both apps! They provided me with a FICO score of 741. Kinda surprised because 3 months ago it was 697 and the only thing I've down since is pay down a few hundred dollars (roughly 30-40% util at the time), took 4 inquiries, and added a Freedom card. Adding the Freedom card with 1800 limit alone dropped my util down to around 20%. 

Congrats on the great FICO score and on getting thru both application with only 1 inquiry !!  Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 36 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@USF wrote:

It's unclear to me that scores provided from Amex are a vanilla fico score. Hard to compare since they use experian normally and not easy to get another score for comparison. My wild guess is that is some kind of Amex/card enhanced fico. If anyone has data on this, I would love to hear.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 37 of 38
USF
Established Member

It says on the letter, Your FICO score: 741 then right below it says Source: Experian, and states 300-850 range so it looks like the real score to me. I also received my Zync card today but it did not include a FICO score. Oh well, can't complain! Look forward to building a good relationship with Amex!

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.