Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdate WOO HOO

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

AMEX backdate WOO HOO

Hey I just got AMEX to backdate my Buis Gold from 2008 to 1989. I had a green card  in 89 and when I started reading about AMEX backdating on here I thought I'd give it a try. I called them and they had no record of it, They told me if I had the acct number they could do it. I went home and the first place I looked I found the old card. Still don't know how I could find a 21 year old card and can't remember where I put my keys. Anyway I faxed it to them and they said they were sending a new Buis Card with  menber since 89. They also told me that if I got a personal card it would say 89 also. I think I'm gonna do this cause I'm sure it will help my AAoA. WOO HOO I love this board. So much credit information here. Which AMEX cards report a limit for personal use? My Buis Gold doesn't even show up. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX backdate WOO HOO

Most business class cards will not show up on your personal CR unless you default on it.

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@PRILEY wrote:

Hey I just got AMEX to backdate my Buis Gold from 2008 to 1989. I had a green card  in 89 and when I started reading about AMEX backdating on here I thought I'd give it a try. I called them and they had no record of it, They told me if I had the acct number they could do it. I went home and the first place I looked I found the old card. Still don't know how I could find a 21 year old card and can't remember where I put my keys. Anyway I faxed it to them and they said they were sending a new Buis Card with  menber since 89. They also told me that if I got a personal card it would say 89 also. I think I'm gonna do this cause I'm sure it will help my AAoA. WOO HOO I love this board. So much credit information here. Which AMEX cards report a limit for personal use? My Buis Gold doesn't even show up. 

The "revolvers" do. I suppose it's easier to say which ones don't: Green, Gold (not Delta Sky Miles Gold), Platinum, Zync. When you click on the Terms and Conditions for a given card (and we all do this, right? Smiley Wink), if it says "All charges made on this charge card are due and payable when you receive your periodic statement," then it's a charge card and won't report a CL.

The others --Blue, Blue Sky, Delta Sky Miles, Starwood, Costco, Clear, etc etc --are revolving credit cards. They report the CL's, and you can carry a balance, although it would be prudent not to, at least not until you've been a regular customer for a good, long time.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically what you're saying is that if a business owner charges all expenses to an AMEX TrueEarnings Costco, and doesn't PIF before statement cuts, this will affect the utilization segment of FICO for the business owner who PGed the card?
Versus....
A business owner who uses an AMEX Business Green charge card and has $30K a month showing on statement balance, then PIF before due date, would NOT have this affect his personal FICO utilization %?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@PRILEY wrote:

The "revolvers" do. I suppose it's easier to say which ones don't: Green, Gold (not Delta Sky Miles Gold), Platinum, Zync. When you click on the Terms and Conditions for a given card (and we all do this, right? Smiley Wink), if it says "All charges made on this charge card are due and payable when you receive your periodic statement," then it's a charge card and won't report a CL.

The others --Blue, Blue Sky, Delta Sky Miles, Starwood, Costco, Clear, etc etc --are revolving credit cards. They report the CL's, and you can carry a balance, although it would be prudent not to, at least not until you've been a regular customer for a good, long time.

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Umm, I *thnk* so. Smiley Very Happy (I don't have personal experience with business cards or use of personal cards for business.)

As I understand it, the business AmEx does not report to your personal credit reports (unless something bad happens), so any balances there don't affect your personal credit scores.

The Costco card will report to your personal report, so any reported balances will affect your revolving util on your personal credit accounts.

I don't know if it's possible to apply for the Costco card in the name of the business only. But if you apply in your name, and use it for business, it will be on your personal reports.

This is why business cards exist, of course. However, I've read that many have starting reporting to both business and personal accounts, creating mayhem. I'm sure you've already checked out the Business Credit forum, but if not, you might want to visit there as well.

I hope I didn't tangle you up with what I wrote earlier. I didn't catch the idea about using the Costco card as a biz card. Sorry for any confusion!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.