Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdate

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

AMEX backdate

I just received an American Express Gold Rewards Card.  First off, with the amount of collections I’ve had (all paid over 2 years ago) and my unimpressive credit scores (EQ 647, TU 633), it was a surprise that I was even approved. Now rewind back to college…In 2000, I applied for and received an AMEX Blue for Students card (500 CL).  Well, in my foolishness, I defaulted on it, and it went to collections, which I paid 3 or 4 years later.  Would it be a bad idea to call AMEX requesting that my new AMEX Gold be back dated for when I first got an AMEX card that I was, at the time, unable to maintain?  Would they realize that I should have never been approved and close my new AMEX Gold on me?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
***From ashy to classy***
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX backdate

It would be an excellent idea, and...

they already know!

Message 2 of 7
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It would be an excellent idea, and...

they already know!

I just called...and they already had the card backdated!!! Smiley Happy

***From ashy to classy***
Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Does any other banks backdate accounts?  I need to have my Discover, Citi and BOA accounts backdated to year 2000.
Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

No one else that I know of does this for new accounts. Very few to none will reopen old accounts if they were closed. You won't get much if any play from the issuers you listed under normal circumstances.
Message 5 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
No one else that I know of does this for new accounts. Very few to none will reopen old accounts if they were closed. You won't get much if any play from the issuers you listed under normal circumstances.

I sent them all an email asking about backdating my accounts.  I'll post the response. 

Message 6 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Citi and BOA no backdating.  Awaiting response from Discover.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.