Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdating (TrueEarnings)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX backdating (TrueEarnings)

So the MSD would become the date I was added as an AU, or the date I acquire my own Amex?

Message 11 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So the MSD would become the date I was added as an AU, or the date I acquire my own Amex?

Date added if recent. You were added several years ago, before they changed this so your internal MSD could still be the date it was opened. I would push for the date on your CR but AMEX may just give the date added (still good!).

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 12 of 20
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Do I have to have Costco membership to become AU on moms TE?
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 13 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

You have to be on her membership. But if you have your own account your mother can explain that to the Amex rep and get it pushed through.

Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a recent example, I have had the Amex CostCo TE card since January 2011 and app'd for the Amex Delta Gold a few weeks ago and was approved. The Delta came with the MSD of 14 on the card, and when I called into CS and asked that the MSD be matched to the TE card, they told me that internally and how they will report to the CRA's will match the date on the TE card, and that the date on the Delta card just reflects when that product was issued to me. So, for the sake of science, I decided not to push the issue and will wait to see how the account reports. Either way, the CSR acknowledged that despite the date on the new card, internally everything will reflect 2011.

Message 15 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For a recent example, I have had the Amex CostCo TE card since January 2011 and app'd for the Amex Delta Gold a few weeks ago and was approved. The Delta came with the MSD of 14 on the card, and when I called into CS and asked that the MSD be matched to the TE card, they told me that internally and how they will report to the CRA's will match the date on the TE card, and that the date on the Delta card just reflects when that product was issued to me. So, for the sake of science, I decided not to push the issue and will wait to see how the account reports. Either way, the CSR acknowledged that despite the date on the new card, internally everything will reflect 2011.

For science will be interesting but I don't buy it. 

Did you register a new login for the delta gold? Or is it on the same login? What is the MSD on the page?

Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:

Did you register a new login for the delta gold? Or is it on the same login? What is the MSD on the page?

No new login, I linked the accounts, and the Member Since says 2011 no matter which card is selected. Again, I just got the card so it hasn't reported yet and that account does not have a please pay by or closing date to reference as of yet.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

No new login, I linked the accounts, and the Member Since says 2011 no matter which card is selected. Again, I just got the card so it hasn't reported yet and that account does not have a please pay by or closing date to reference as of yet.

As per my posting, I am checking back in. The first statement posted and has hit TU ans the date opened matches the 2011 MSD/Date opened on my CostCo Card.

Message 18 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like AMEX is just getting cheap about new plastic. The reporting will reflect your correct MSD, but you may have to be more insistent if you want the physical card to have a corrected MSD.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 19 of 20
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like AMEX is just getting cheap about new plastic. The reporting will reflect your correct MSD, but you may have to be more insistent if you want the physical card to have a corrected MSD.  

When AMEX sent out my cards they came with the wrong dates, chatted with them stating the date was wrong and they corrected it back to 2000 and overnighted me 2 new cards. I didn't even have to ask for it.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.