Reply
Contributor
pat0812
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

AMEX backdating question

i have only 7 months credit history but I have already 4 cc 

walmart recently raiselimit to to 1050

 

wells fargo

capital one

amex gold 

 

i need to buy a car soon and I was wondering if applying 

in January for an amex revolver will help me? because it would backdate

to January 2012 and will it make my history 1 year old in stead of 7 months?

will that help me?


Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: AMEX backdating question

[ Edited ]

pat0812 wrote:

i have only 7 months credit history but I have already 4 cc 

walmart recently raiselimit to to 1050

 

wells fargo

capital one

amex gold 

 

i need to buy a car soon and I was wondering if applying 

in January for an amex revolver will help me? because it would backdate

to January 2012 and will it make my history 1 year old in stead of 7 months?

will that help me?


 

A car might be easier to get with only 7 months history than an AMEX revolver.  

Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012

Re: AMEX backdating question


RyVision wrote:

pat0812 wrote:

i have only 7 months credit history but I have already 4 cc 

walmart recently raiselimit to to 1050

 

wells fargo

capital one

amex gold 

 

i need to buy a car soon and I was wondering if applying 

in January for an amex revolver will help me? because it would backdate

to January 2012 and will it make my history 1 year old in stead of 7 months?

will that help me?


 

A car might be easier to get with only 7 months history than an AMEX revolver.  


OP already has the gold card.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Contributor
Jutz
Posts: 1,216
Registered: ‎05-10-2012

Re: AMEX backdating question


armbenderc wrote:

RyVision wrote:

pat0812 wrote:

i have only 7 months credit history but I have already 4 cc 

walmart recently raiselimit to to 1050

 

wells fargo

capital one

amex gold 

 

i need to buy a car soon and I was wondering if applying 

in January for an amex revolver will help me? because it would backdate

to January 2012 and will it make my history 1 year old in stead of 7 months?

will that help me?


 

A car might be easier to get with only 7 months history than an AMEX revolver.  


OP already has the gold card.


Ninja edit!  I noticed that too

  • Current: EQ FICO 694, TU FICO 695, EX FICO 698 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $29,500
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 6 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $5000
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $1000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $2400
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,953
Registered: ‎02-09-2012

Re: AMEX backdating question

yes/no
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012

Re: AMEX backdating question


Jutz wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

RyVision wrote:

pat0812 wrote:

i have only 7 months credit history but I have already 4 cc 

walmart recently raiselimit to to 1050

 

wells fargo

capital one

amex gold 

 

i need to buy a car soon and I was wondering if applying 

in January for an amex revolver will help me? because it would backdate

to January 2012 and will it make my history 1 year old in stead of 7 months?

will that help me?


 

A car might be easier to get with only 7 months history than an AMEX revolver.  


OP already has the gold card.


Ninja edit!  I noticed that too


Lol:smileyvery-happy:

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+