Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdating question...

tag
phonic
Contributor

Re: AMEX backdating question...

@09Lexie wrote:

Happened to me twice.  I was told that since the cards were expedited, they hadn't linked the MSD correctly. Received replacement cards- vain I know- a few days later 

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not as concerned about the MSD on the card as much as I am about the credit reporting. First, I hope they don't add a duplicate TL on my report - though I guess it could be a positive thing in some respects. More importantly, I don't want them to add a 2014 one on my wife's when it should be 2010. I guess I can call them to check, but I wanted to see if others had the same issue. 

I only added the Zinc back so when I got for the 3x increase in March (or 2.5x in my case), it might help by showing me with more cards associated on my account.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 11 of 17
phonic
Contributor

I figured I would be better safe than sorry and contacted Amex about it.

1) My wife's account was already accurately reflecting the 2010 MSD for her new BCP card. The CSR didn't know why the card was wrong but figured it was just a typo. They offered to replace the card, but I said it was OK as long as the account itself was correct.

2) My original (canceled) Zinc showed 2010 MSD, but my new Zinc showed 2014, even in their system. She put my on hold for a bit then came back saying she wasn't sure why it did that, but was going to change it. She said it could take up to 12 weeks for everything to update - not sure what that means, but said I would be receiving a new card in the mail with the correct date.

I guess I'll have to see how my CR looks in a few weeks. I would hope/think that the existing TL would just be used, with the 2010 date, and not be duplicated. On the CR, Amex uses a different account number than what's on the card, so I would assume it would be the same and that the CRAs would just merge the records. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 12 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just backdated my wife's cards (from 2014 and 2012) to 1982.  That should do something to her AAoA...

Message 13 of 17
phonic
Contributor

Too bad Amex now requires people to be 15 or older to be added as AUs. Otherwise I could have started off my 1yo daughter with a really nice credit report. Nothing like having an AAoA of 17 years when she turned 18 Smiley Happy.

Message 14 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@phonic wrote:

Too bad Amex now requires people to be 15 or older to be added as AUs. Otherwise I could have started off my 1yo daughter with a really nice credit report. Nothing like having an AAoA of 17 years when she turned 18 Smiley Happy.

Just make TONS of money and give it to her when she turns 18, and then she won't need credit!

Message 15 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just backdated my wife's cards (from 2014 and 2012) to 1982.  That should do something to her AAoA...

Very nice longtimelurker!  I'm sure the wifey's credit file will soak that up pretty nicely...32 years is definitely sweet!  Do you have room for a third addition? wink wink LOL

Message 16 of 17
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

LOL thats awesome and I wish someone would love me enough to add me as an AU lol

and funny I was thinking that to with my bf about adding my 2 yeard old DD as AU on my CC's but he also said the same thing about being like 15/16 lol

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.