Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdating question

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

AMEX backdating question

I have been an AU on an AMEX Platinum since 2009. I was recently added as an AU On my sisters Platinum and the account reports as opened 5/2013. My sisters card has been open since 1994. While I understand that they won't backdate me to 1994, will they backdate my AU on the personal card to my corporate member since date of 2009?

When requesting backdating to the original member date can I call and request it as AU or do I need to have the primary call to make that request?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
HiLine
Blogger

Re: AMEX backdating question

I remember someone was able to pull that off after multiple tries. You may have to search around a bit ...

Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You should be able to get the new account backdated to 2009. Give them a call - they should send you out a replacement card. Remember don't use the word backdating. Smiley Wink

Also, you can request it- primary doesn't have to call
Message 3 of 12
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

While you can always ask, my understanding is that membership dates are kept separately for business cards and personal cards. My personal cards are all dated 1984, my business card is dated 2012.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 12
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

What term do you use?
Message 5 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Member Since Date.

Message 6 of 12
Ailee92

It has worked in the past pre 2012 I think they're not doing this any longer. 

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OhioCPA is correct. I thought the OP was referring to personal cc's.

My bad.
Message 8 of 12
IWOL
Established Contributor

Lexie, thanks for the response.

So just to make my situation more clear, I have been an AU on an AMEX Corporate Platinum since 2009. I have recently been added as an AU to a personal Platinum card.

So, they wont change my member since date on my new personal AU to my corporate card member since date of 2009?

Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.