Frequent Contributor
IWOL

AMEX backdating question

I have been an AU on an AMEX Platinum since 2009. I was recently added as an AU On my sisters Platinum and the account reports as opened 5/2013. My sisters card has been open since 1994. While I understand that they won't backdate me to 1994, will they backdate my AU on the personal card to my corporate member since date of 2009?

When requesting backdating to the original member date can I call and request it as AU or do I need to have the primary call to make that request?

Blogger
HiLine

Re: AMEX backdating question

I remember someone was able to pull that off after multiple tries. You may have to search around a bit ...

09Lexie

[ Edited ]
You should be able to get the new account backdated to 2009. Give them a call - they should send you out a replacement card. Remember don't use the word backdating. :smileywink:

Also, you can request it- primary doesn't have to call
Frequent Contributor
OhioCPA

While you can always ask, my understanding is that membership dates are kept separately for business cards and personal cards. My personal cards are all dated 1984, my business card is dated 2012.

________________________________________________________________________________
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex BCE, BOA Travel Rewards, Amex MB Platinum
Frequent Contributor
HYPASS33

What term do you use?
Valued Contributor
takeshi74

Member Since Date.

Ailee92

It has worked in the past pre 2012 I think they're not doing this any longer. 

09Lexie

OhioCPA is correct. I thought the OP was referring to personal cc's.

My bad.
Frequent Contributor
IWOL

Lexie, thanks for the response.

So just to make my situation more clear, I have been an AU on an AMEX Corporate Platinum since 2009. I have recently been added as an AU to a personal Platinum card.

So, they wont change my member since date on my new personal AU to my corporate card member since date of 2009?

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+