Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdating success!

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

AMEX backdating success!

So i have 3 Amex accounts that were backdated when i was added as an AU on dads business delta gold. I was a joint account holder on the Optima back in the 90's when you could apply for such card. Well didnt know exactly what year that account was open but i knew it had to be between 1994-1998. So i contacted AMEX via secure/chat message and told them about having the optima account a while back and wanted to see if they were kind enough to locate the account so they could change the "since member date". Well after a few minutes on hold...BAAAM!!! they found out i had been an Amex cardholder since 1995!!!!  They said new cards are on the way and thanked me for being a cardholder since 1995! That will sure help my AAOA! After a few old accounts fell off i went down to just below 3 years of AAOA. So hopefully having 3 accounts backdated to 1995 instead of 2011 will sure help!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX backdating success!

Very Nice Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Very Nice Congrats!

thanks alot cold! pretty excited. Does anyone know if the year gets changed on my CR immediately? when i activate the new cards on the way? or until next statement update on my reports?

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Very Nice Congrats!

thanks alot cold! pretty excited. Does anyone know if the year gets changed on my CR immediately? when i activate the new cards on the way? or until next statement update on my reports?

AFAIK regular statement update.  No different than a CLI change.

        
Message 4 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Very Nice Congrats!

AFAIK regular statement update.  No different than a CLI change.

thanks rev! thats what i would have figured also. Too bad 2 of the cards just updated on my report a couple of days ago while the other will be on the 28th. Keeping fingers crossed it updates the year by then.

Message 5 of 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Good job!  Congrats!

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.