Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX best way to redeem rewards

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

AMEX best way to redeem rewards

I currently have both the premiere rewards gold charge card and blue cash everyday credit card.  I was looking over best ways to redeem the bonuses for each account.  In doing so, it appeared that redeeming statement credit on the BCE is likely the best way to go, but please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not sure what's the best way on the charge card, and was hoping to get some advice from other members here.  One thing struck me for sure: using points for product redemption is probably the worst way to do it in either case.  I'm guessing that transferring them to a travel partner or redeeming gift cards is likely the best way.  The only airline I would probably end up flying in my area that is partnered with them is Delta, but they seem to require more points for bonus flights than other companies.  Therefore, I've been thinking about redeeming gift cards, but am unsure if this is the best way to do it in my case.  For those who have more expeirence in this area, please chime in with any helpful advice. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX best way to redeem rewards

Rule of thumb with points is transfer.  BCE is a cash back card so statement credits are generally better.

In future, consider the tranfer partners before applying as they definitely affect the value of the rewards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.