Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX can go to .....&(*&#$&#$@)

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

AMEX can go to .....&(*&#$&#$@)

Smiley Mad

So with the help of this forum a few years ago I really got my credit straighten out.  It wasnt terrible to begin with but it wasnt good.

Anyway, in 2008 I recieved a Blue Card from Amex and then a year later I got a Zync card.

Well Tuesday I recieved an email stating that they were closing both accounts.  I have carried a small balance on my Blue but only becase my dog has cancer and I needed too for a little while.  I rarely used the Zync but I have never paid late on either card EVER and I have no lates at all on my credit report.  I dont need the cards but I feel like I was slapped in the face!

PS when I got my Blue Card, I used it once, and then I got an FA.  I should of cancelled right then and moved on. 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX can go to .....&(*&#$&#$@)

Did anything change on your credit report?  Baddies anywhere else, new accounts, etc.?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 32
msheresy
Regular Contributor

The only thing that has changed recently is the addition of a Federal Direct Student loan.

No baddies period for almost 7 years.

Message 3 of 32
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

@msheresy wrote:

my dog has cancer and I needed too for a little while. 

Smiley Sad

Completely off topic, but I had to comment;

thank you for being one of those rare dog owners who actually tries to care for their pet in life emergencies and through chronic/life-threatening diseases rather than taking the easy way out, not trying and simply euthanizing.  thank you for having a heart that says the loyal dedication your pet has shown you through its years is repaid similarly at the end of its life.

My heartfelt support and admiration for you... and well wishes for your dog.

Message 4 of 32
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Hopelives2 wrote:

@msheresy wrote:

Smiley Sad

thank you for being one of those rare dog owners who actually tries to care for their pet in life emergencies and through chronic/life-threatening diseases rather than taking the easy way out, not trying and simply euthanizing.  thank you for having a heart that says the loyal dedication your pet has shown you through its years is repaid similarly at the end of its life.

+1,000

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 5 of 32
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Hopelives2 wrote:

@msheresy wrote:

Smiley Sad

I agree 100%, thank you OP for doing such a thing, pets are people too.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 32
msheresy
Regular Contributor

To continue off topic get this!

I have two pit bulls. 

Last wednesday in April, a bump showed up on Oaky's tail.  The following sunday, Stella's lymph node swole up to the size of a grapfruit.  Took her to the emergency vet and they said she likely had canine lymphoma.  Took her to the regular vet monday morning and the vet did an aspiration but said it was 90% chance she did have it.  2 days later we get a call back she doesnt have it.  Basically it was a miracle.  So shes on antibiotics for 2 weeks and on the day she goes back we decided to take Oaky.  Well they aspirate the bump on his tail and its a Mast Cell Tumor.  There are only two places to go in Ga that have oncologists so we took and they biosiped 3 other bumps that were originally diagnosed as fatty pockets.  Well one on his neck was another tumor.  He had his tail amputated and had the tumor removed from his neck.  Costs so far have been about 4500.  Well he had his sitches out yesterday and they are suggesting radiation on the neck and chemo - radiation is 3600 and chemo goes on for a year and you pay weekly but the total for that would be another 3500.

Not to mention that he had Parvo when he was little to the tune of 2000 and at one point escaped and was hit by a car.  I love the dogs to death but I really wish they could get jobs!!!

He's the most expensive pit bull ever!  <3

I still hate AMEX!

Message 7 of 32
Achase
Regular Contributor

"I love the dogs to death but I really wish they could get jobs!!!"

thats statement is priceless....Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 32
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Achase wrote:

"I love the dogs to death but I really wish they could get jobs!!!"

thats statement is priceless....Smiley Very Happy

+1,000,000

I always say Andy needs to get to work (my Norfolk Terrier).  His food, treats, beds, ruined vacuum cleaners, vet visits, etc all add up VERY quickly.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 9 of 32
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Carrying even a large balance on the card doesn't manner as long as appropriate payments are made. Amex is in the business among other things to provide these cards and doing so, I'm sure they are expecting them to be used. ( they weren't waiting for you to come along so that they could pick on you)

Having no real info on your record, I will tell you with confidence that this is not about you and Amex. They see 'something' on your account that they are uneasy with and it could even been overlooked when you were approved so it doesn't have to be new. There are hundreds of reasons why one can lose accounts, but performing well and using accounts does not get them closed.

You should look at your reports and/or other financial activity in your life because whatever spooked them could carry over to another company since other companies will now most likely notice that Amex and has closed and wonder why.

(this is why Amex does monthy reviews; they do want to know what is going on because good customers can go bad because 'things' change in life)

CI

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.