Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX cannot find my records! Need Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX cannot find my records! Need Help!

I will try to make this short but detailed.

I opened my Amex Green charge account back in 2000.  By 2002 I was going thru a messy separation/divorce.  They ex was an authorized user under me and I removed her.  There was a balance of $1300.00. Needless to say the account was charged off.  The CA never showed on my EQ CRA.  That was the only CRA Amex showed on.  I paid the CA and AMEX kept the negative info on my CR.  It fell off sometime in 2009.

I tried to call AMEX today to see if I was blacklisted or whatever.  Lo and behold, they have no record that I was ever a customer.  When I called in 2009, they were able to pull me up.  The CSR said that the system washes out after 7 years.  I was always under the impression that AMEX was meticulous about their records, especially when it comes to blacklisting.  I mean, I've read where people haven't been customer and they were able to back date them to 1989.  What gives?

Any input is welcome.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX cannot find my records! Need Help!

I would apply for new account.   I would not try to backdate to a charged off account.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wanted the backdate.  I was hoping you or someone had a similar experience. 

Come to think of it, how can I get a back member date if they can't find me?  LOL

Message 3 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

If they find your records, you are screwed.

I have a 1989 backdate, if they let me back in.   

Message 4 of 16
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

pdinero, i backdated a charged off account recently that was opened in 1989.  i called the collections department and they were able to find my old account.  i paid it off and i was able to open a amex blue card.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?  That would be great if I could.  I loved my Amex Green.  I curse the day I met that hound (my ex wife) LOL.  No sour grapes.

Message 6 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

You really want to pay $1300 for a backdate?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No way.  I will just give them a shot.  I'd like all 3 scores to be above 730 before I try.

Message 8 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Once you apply they might find you. I have never heard anyone say they washout their records every 7 years. Sounds kinda Biblical to me. AMEX has the memory of an elephant. Good luck be happy if they give you a card just don't rattle the cage.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait because I still have a few baddies. I thought it was weird bc a lot of threads say they never forget.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.