Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX card fraud

tag
blondy250
Established Contributor

AMEX card fraud

I was just the unfortunate victim of card fraud, in this case my AMEX PRG. I have my account set to give me text notifictions of all charges, and just received two alerts for MATCH com one for $149 and $35. I called Amex and of course had the account froze and am receiving a new card on monday(they offered to sent it sooner). I figure someone skimmed it, but have no idea where, its my everyday card.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX card fraud

Wow, I am really sorry to hear this OP. I am glad that AMEX froze your accounts immediately after you contacted them. We just had an incident where I reside where an ATM located inside of a hotel had a credit card skimmer in it. Crazy huh? The police were notified and they removed it ASAP. Thank goodness with CCs we are not liable for fraudulent charges.

Even though situations like this are mind-boggling, don't let it get to you. Everything will be taken care of! ♥

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.