Not applicable

Re: AMEX cards and past history

Hey way to go Shasta!!!

Congrats

Message 11 of 16
shasta
Regular Contributor

I applied for the zync. I wasn't given my credit score, do they send that?

I didn't go for the gold card because I had a bad history in 2008 with AMEX. I figured, start small and upgrade next year.

Message 12 of 16
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@shasta wrote:

I applied for the zync. I wasn't given my credit score, do they send that?

I didn't go for the gold card because I had a bad history in 2008 with AMEX. I figured, start small and upgrade next year.

Congrats for getting back in with AMEX.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you get one of AMEX's charge cards with NPSL you will not get a score.  That is considered to be their best terms, so they don't have to provide a score to you.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if that is accurate TNT, but I sure do like the sound of it Smiley Happy  I applied for and was approved for a Zync a few weeks ago and I also got no score, plus was NPSL.  So I do like your logic Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@shasta wrote:

For clarification, I wasn't given a reason. AMEX told me it's within their rights to close accounts as they see fit.

Yes, I was carrying a high balance because of corporate travel. I was laid off within days of the AMEX account closing and it took months to get travel expenses reimbursed from my former company.

On the plus side, I did get approved for an AMEX card yesterday!!!

They should have given you a reason. But its a moot point now since you have an AMEX! Congrats!Smiley LOL

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

No score with charge card and npsl. It is best terms and no required. Might be able to call new accounts and talk them into looking up score.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.