Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX charges pending forever!!! Worried

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

AMEX charges pending forever!!! Worried

Have two charges on my AMEX green card that have been pending for days now.  Is there something wrong? Should I call AMEX? Their website has always seemed glitchy to me.  Also, I wanted to pay these charges off, but can't via their website since the charges are still pending.  Can I push the payment through via my bank's Bill payer?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX charges pending forever!!! Worried

Yes, you can push them. Prior experiences, I've had a gas pump charge, and a restaurant charge take up to five days to settle into the "posted" zone.

Message 2 of 9
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

I had a restaurant charge pending on my Freedom for 4 days, disappear for 3 days and come back pending for another 2 days before clearing. It's probably the merchant being weird from time to time.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 3 of 9
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Have two charges on my AMEX green card that have been pending for days now.  Is there something wrong? Should I call AMEX? Their website has always seemed glitchy to me.  Also, I wanted to pay these charges off, but can't via their website since the charges are still pending.  Can I push the payment through via my bank's Bill payer?

I spoke to a rep at Amex and they said that they did a system update this week. That's probably what's slowing things down.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 4 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I was having issues with my pending charges and payment i made about 4 days ago. Just today it updated everything so it seems lots of people were having issues.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 9
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Yeah I called Wednesday because I made a payment but it had been 4 days and had not posted yet, they said there was some delays with payments and charges posting because of system upgrades/maintenance this week.
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I PIF on the 26th ( had charges pending from the 21st ) my statement date was supposed to be the 26. Checked yesterday, still no statement, pyt doesn't show posted and the pending charges from last week are still in limbo. I called last night and was told the statement will arrive by email this morning. They could see my pyt and don't worry . This morning, I still have pending charges, no statement and pyt not posted.

Verified the funds were withdrawn from my bank on the 27th.
Message 7 of 9
antae
New Contributor

Just on board with others here to say, I saw similar delays. Amex stated via phone of some upgrades that should be over this morning.
Amex BCP 25k '11 - Amex PRG '11 - Chase Sapphire 17.5k '95 - Citi Platinum Select 11.5k '93
Message 8 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I PIF on the 26th ( had charges pending from the 21st ) my statement date was supposed to be the 26. Checked yesterday, still no statement, pyt doesn't show posted and the pending charges from last week are still in limbo. I called last night and was told the statement will arrive by email this morning. They could see my pyt and don't worry . This morning, I still have pending charges, no statement and pyt not posted.

Verified the funds were withdrawn from my bank on the 27th.

Hey there.. mine from last week finally just dropped out of pending and in to posted overnight - all 15 of them..  FINALLY... So it took exactly 7 days.. Also, my PIF payment was finally posted to my account overnight after I made the payment this past Monday - that took 5 days to post.. Pretty amazing.. BUT, my available credit was correctly reflected just a day after my payment..  So, it looks like their systems are all clogged up and they are processing the back log.. The rep I spoke to earlier in the week indicated they had some sort of system upgrade over the past week.. Guess it didn't go so well.. Smiley Happy  I'm glad everything looks good as of today.. 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.