Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX.com FICO Score Updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX.com FICO Score Updates

@alkaline wrote:

Looks like mine updated on 5/25 as well. Old date was 4/13.

Same for both dates. 827 Exp FICO. Smiley Happy

Message 91 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally updated here too.  About 2 weeks late.  792 on 5/25 which was exact match to the Discover free pull on 5/21

Message 92 of 97
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

As a data point, it appears my applications yesterday caused my score to update; it's now showing the same score (751) that is displayed by the new Discover 'free' site, so I can also confirm that the Discover EX score is 'real'.

I have no idea if I would have been better off to wait on the score to update (on the dashboard) before apping for the Delta Gold or not; since it only got a $1k credit line I feel it's likely the old score (with the baddie) was used.  At least this card is intended on being a 'donor' eventually, anyway, so no harm is done in any case.

Next spring I'll likely go for an ED card... that will be the true test of if they have been holding my cards back due to ancient history or the credit score.

OK, I have yet another data point, and it's a strange one...

I got my Delta Gold in the mail, and the score that came with it was 751, matching the score on the website the day after I was approved (see above).

For 'grins' I went to the Amex website just now and checked... it's showing my score as 763 as of May 25 (two days after the last update).  Making matters further 'weird', underneath the score it states that my score was 718 on April 2nd - it's as if the score from a couple of days ago never existed (but it was clearly displayed for a day or so).

I find it a bit strange that my score would improve after adding inquiries, but I guess stranger things have happened.  I don't have another free source to check it at the moment so I don't know if this is a 'fluke' or is accurate, but I figured I would share here in any case.

Message 93 of 97
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

What the flip, I still haven't been updated and mines was from April 2nd!!! 😧😧😧

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 94 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I online chatted and then called AMEX about this yesterday and here is what they told me.

Apparently, this is a known issue and one that AMEX has no control over. They said you can either wait for it to update itself or call experian and tell them to release the information to Experian. The CSR didn't say when or why this suddenly started happening just that people have been calling about it and this is the only fix he is aware of.

Hope that helps some of you guys and hopefully no one else has already said this. I didn't go through all ten pages to check. 

Message 95 of 97
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I have been getting my FICO score near the end of each month.  Last month, Amex updated my score at least 3 times. I currently have three Amex cards open.  Some of the dates are -3 days to my statement date, but not all are.  This month they have updated it once.  However, last month all of the updates I know about happened after the 14th. 

I think Amex is now updating your score every time they SP your EX.  We may need to wait for them to work out all of the bugs, but we may end up getting scores several times a month.  It is worth checking each time you log in.  The last score date just shows my normal end of month score.  It isn't showing the intermediate scores.

Message 96 of 97
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

I have been getting my FICO score near the end of each month.  Last month, Amex updated my score at least 3 times. I currently have three Amex cards open.  Some of the dates are -3 days to my statement date, but not all are.  This month they have updated it once.  However, last month all of the updates I know about happened after the 14th. 

I think Amex is now updating your score every time they SP your EX.  We may need to wait for them to work out all of the bugs, but we may end up getting scores several times a month.  It is worth checking each time you log in.  The last score date just shows my normal end of month score.  It isn't showing the intermediate scores.

Interesting i just checked my score again and it was updated June 11th thats interesting we will be getting a few updates an month , can't really complain about that. FWIW my score didn't change at all since the previous update in may. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 97 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.