tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

Message 11 of 19
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

LOL this is a YMMV for sure. I called in for recon on the personal SPG and they asked if I needed the card expedited. I declined the offer as I really was in no rush and was told to expect it in 5-7 business days. It arrived two days later. 

Message 12 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

chase had no problem expediting my freedom which is just a normal card, nothing too special.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 13 of 19
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

I called in again, this time the CSR reassured me the only reason he can't expedite this card is because it's already been mailed out. He then offered to send a replacement card which would arrive by tomorrow morning and cancelling the current one. I declined the offer, since I don't want it expedited that bad, and I'd rather not go through the hassle.

So it's all good Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

LOL this is a YMMV for sure. I called in for recon on the personal SPG and they asked if I needed the card expedited. I declined the offer as I really was in no rush and was told to expect it in 5-7 business days. It arrived two days later. 

This was also my experience, just last week.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 15 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They will expedite it only if it already hasn't been sent.
That has been my exp with Chase, Discover, and Amex.
BCE was expedited, but my Delta Gold was not.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

the first time i called for my bce was the second it was approved and they said no. then i called the next day and they said it was already processed and ready to ship and then after that phone i still didnt receive it for atleast another 5 days.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 17 of 19
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
They will expedite it only if it already hasn't been sent.
That has been my exp with Chase, Discover, and Amex.
BCE was expedited, but my Delta Gold was not.

Yes, that's what I thought too, but the first CSR told me it wasn't already sent out, and he still can't expedite it. The second CSR told me it was in fact mailed out, and was willing to expedite another one, and to cancel the first one. So I can't exactly determine which CSR was misinformed.

Seeing as you had the BCE expeditied, it's all definitely YMMV since many of the posters here were denied expedition of the BCE.

Message 18 of 19
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Just an update. I received my card today, two business days after talking with the CSR and being told that it won't be expedited. Seeing as many posters here recieved their card (SPG specifically) in two days even after telling the CSRs that they don't want it to be expedited, I think it's safe to say there is something going on with the SPG delivery. It doesn't matter if the CSRs say they won't send it fast, or you say you don't want it fast, they'll still expedite it regardless.

Either way I got no complaints!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.