Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

AMEX denied expediting the SPG

It's actually a non-issue, and I wasn't trying to get them to expedite it just because. I have my insurance renewal due date coming up at the end of this week, so I wanted to charge it on this card (applied for it Sunday morning), and it's quite alright that the CSR said no. What bothers me is after I asked him to expedite the card and he looked over my account, he goes "Oh, you already have two cards from us and this is your third, I'm sorry, but this card will arrive when it's scheduled to arrive. Aren't they supposed to care more about existing cardmembers? Or was it in fact, asking too much from them, and I was completely in the wrong making such an atrocious request?

 

I've never asked for having cards expedited, except for maybe once. Do other CCCs deny the request this way?

 

Again I'm not mad or anything, but just think the way he denied the request was, I don't know, unusual?

Chase Sapphire Preferred / Chase United MileagePlus Explorer / Chase Freedom / AMEX PRG / AMEX SPG / AMEX BCE / Discover IT / Barclaycard Financing / BofA Cash Rewards for Students / CITI Classic
Regular Contributor
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎09-09-2012
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

Weird, usually current amex members can get new cards expedited upon request without hassle. Maybe try again if you really want it? My advice: tweet to their twitter support team, they will 100% for sure do it for you. Just tell them you need it for a purchase you're making and are worried that the card won't come in time. They'll change the card number, but that won't matter to you cause you wouldn't have seen it yet!
Age: 22 | FICO: TU 748, EQ 740, EX 716 | FAKO: TU 755, EX 778 | Garden: 4/14 | Total History: 4yr 2mo | AAoA: 2yr 4mo | Util: 2%
........24000...............4000...............6000................7000................500..................5000................4500...............10000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 7,300
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG


ternify- wrote:

It's actually a non-issue, and I wasn't trying to get them to expedite it just because. I have my insurance renewal due date coming up at the end of this week, so I wanted to charge it on this card (applied for it Sunday morning), and it's quite alright that the CSR said no. What bothers me is after I asked him to expedite the card and he looked over my account, he goes "Oh, you already have two cards from us and this is your third, I'm sorry, but this card will arrive when it's scheduled to arrive. Aren't they supposed to care more about existing cardmembers? Or was it in fact, asking too much from them, and I was completely in the wrong making such an atrocious request?

 

I've never asked for having cards expedited, except for maybe once. Do other CCCs deny the request this way?

 

Again I'm not mad or anything, but just think the way he denied the request was, I don't know, unusual?


I don't think your request was "atrocious" but as a rule of thumb, depending on the AMEX relationship, this would have been a non-issue if the products involved were on the upper end, like the Platinum, MB Platinum or Centurion, etc.  Not to say AMEX doesn't value your relationship or your products, it's just the way things work.

 

As far as other CC lenders, they all do things differently.  For instance, Chase usually doesn't have an issue expediting the CSP, Ritz Carlton, Palladium, JPM Select or some of the other higher-tiered cards (again depending on the relationship).

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

I think you just got lucky w one of "those" csrs...you can try again to see if you get the same response. :smileywink:


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
Posts: 7,300
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG


broseph23 wrote:
Weird, usually current amex members can get new cards expedited upon request without hassle. Maybe try again if you really want it? My advice: tweet to their twitter support team, they will 100% for sure do it for you. Just tell them you need it for a purchase you're making and are worried that the card won't come in time. They'll change the card number, but that won't matter to you cause you wouldn't have seen it yet!

or, see if the above suggested method works...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,351
Registered: ‎03-24-2013
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

they wouldnt expedite my bce but they weren't rude about it. i called twice to ask
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | DISCOVER IT | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$22,700-----------$30,000------------$30,000--------$8,750----------$5,000----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 785 EQ: 760
New Contributor
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎05-06-2013
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

That's surprising to me.  I app'd and was approved for an Amex Hilton HHonors (no fee) and they automatically expedited the shipping without me asking.  It is my 2nd card with them.  I definitely think that you got one of 'those' CSRs with a response like that.  If I remember correctly, on my approval page, it said they were going to expedite the card.  I wonder how Amex determines which cards to expedite and which ones not to?  I would have guessed they would expedite the surpass automatically, but not the no fee version.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Regular Contributor
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG

 


broseph23 wrote:
Weird, usually current amex members can get new cards expedited upon request without hassle. Maybe try again if you really want it? My advice: tweet to their twitter support team, they will 100% for sure do it for you. Just tell them you need it for a purchase you're making and are worried that the card won't come in time. They'll change the card number, but that won't matter to you cause you wouldn't have seen it yet!

The card is scheduled to ship tomorrow or the day after, the CSR said. If it had already shipped, then I can understand. But I don't wanna call again and have them deny it, because then the AMEX CS might leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Chase Sapphire Preferred / Chase United MileagePlus Explorer / Chase Freedom / AMEX PRG / AMEX SPG / AMEX BCE / Discover IT / Barclaycard Financing / BofA Cash Rewards for Students / CITI Classic
Regular Contributor
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG


rkinnahan wrote:

That's surprising to me.  I app'd and was approved for an Amex Hilton HHonors (no fee) and they automatically expedited the shipping without me asking.  It is my 2nd card with them.  I definitely think that you got one of 'those' CSRs with a response like that.  If I remember correctly, on my approval page, it said they were going to expedite the card.  I wonder how Amex determines which cards to expedite and which ones not to?  I would have guessed they would expedite the surpass automatically, but not the no fee version.


Yep AFAIK, some cards are automatically expedited right after you're approved. It happened with my PRG, but not the BCE.

Chase Sapphire Preferred / Chase United MileagePlus Explorer / Chase Freedom / AMEX PRG / AMEX SPG / AMEX BCE / Discover IT / Barclaycard Financing / BofA Cash Rewards for Students / CITI Classic
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,570
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: AMEX denied expediting the SPG


ternify- wrote:Or was it in fact, asking too much from them, and I was completely in the wrong making such an atrocious request?

No, nothing wrong with your request.  I've no idea how Amex decides this, but just as in retention bonuses, it's all decided by their computer algorithims.  

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.