Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX everyday preferred question

AMEX everyday preferred question

hello everyone

i got less than a month ago my amex evrday preferred. I got it for 4k. i transfer 3k to another card and now i have 1k available. i will start making payments in order to pay that back (one year without interest ) can i still request an CLI after my 61 day mark? i have 4 credit cards with amex; the delta gold with 3k and no balance the gold rewards without balance, the platinum card without balance and the everyday preferred with 4k available and 3k of balance.

i will appreciate any feedback

Message 1 of 4
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX everyday preferred question

1. The 61 day requirement has not been enforced in all cases for at least a year. Some people do ask for CLIs sooner and get them. Others are told to wait.

2. Nothing prevents you from asking for a CLI after a BT, but you may be more likely to be rejected or asked to provide some proof of income.
Perks, purchase protection, and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind and extended warranties: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige and Hyatt.....Renewal night: IHG.....Taxes/Misc: SPG.....SD and of limited use: Discover, Freedom, FreedomUn, ED, BCE, Arrival

Total CL: Enough
Message 2 of 4
Valued Member

Hi JEGC19, IMHO wait for the tot utl to drop below 50%
Amex BCE | Discover | Chase Freedom | Citibank Dividend | SYNCB | Barclay Rewards | BoA Cash Rewards | CapOne QS | Chase CSR | PenFed |

| Gotta make it to 800 this year |
Message 3 of 4

Message 4 of 4