Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX for all things travel?

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX for all things travel?

Its on how many different ways available to you to earn points.

PRG is the best since you get 3X when booked directly with airlines

ED and EDP gives you very good earning points on groceries when you cross the 20/30 transactions per month.

Platinum for its lounge access and other benefits

The one thing which I see as a favoring option is the AMEX Offers. That is obviously lot of free money in one year. I dont MS and was able to extract 185 from PRG and 145 from Blue Sky so far in 1 year. If you MS you obviously can benefit a lot out of it.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 11 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX for all things travel?

@medo wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@medo wrote:

So, I'm a huge lover of Chase - specifically their CSP product.  I view this as one of the best cards to have for traveling, especialy since I travel of SWA often, and when I don't, if I book through UR, I get 3x's back.  I do not think any other card does this.

In about a year from now, I know I will likely close a few accounts.  I was just approved for the AMEX Delta Skymiles cards however its benefits to me are limited.  I really only got it for the signup bonus and after the first year, I'm not sure I can justify it with the AF.  

Many people seem to rave about AMEX's MR points.  Is the reward system for the cards that utilize MR points more valuable than the CSP in conjunction with UR?

Thanks

I know what you mean. I'm not impressed with amex. I got delta. Not because of amex or easiness to get card. Over other airline cards. But mainly because even with small benefits. They are the real only major player does flies everywhere internationally. Not JetBlue my other favorite nor southwest. So,after my Asian trip Xmas. I will pc my delta. 

Hello,

What will you PC your delta card to?

Also, for the AMEX Gold Premier, what is the redemption rate for airline miles?  Ex. if you use the AMEX travel site, will the point value be the same as what it would be if you were booking with Delta directly?  

I can totally see myself using the AMEX Gold card as it is a truely versitile card as far as point earnings.

Will pc to no AF Hilton card. I also think I could pc to SPG. But Hilton wIll do. I know,some will say nthe bonus points. But looks like amex foes not want yo give me a 3rd card. I apped for business simply cash. Denied. Even low util. And 0 balances on my amex. Maybe i should cancel  my green. They might wake up. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.