Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX frowns on multiple payments???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX frowns on multiple payments???

They won't care if you make multiple payments.  Creditors want their money back.  Making multiple payments simply gets them their money back faster.  There's nothing adverse about that.

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

You'll be unrestricted 30 days after setting up your payment account. You should only have to jump hoops if you need to exceed their restrictions during that time. You shouldn't have to push payments for "the first few months" unless that's what you prefer to do.

I was aprroved for Amex ED back in June with $1400SL with BK, I made "PUSH" 3 times payments each month in first 2 months from my bank to Amex ED and make sure my util under 28% when the statement cut and recieved bonus 25,000MR. Fast forward look at me now:  62+ days 3xCLI Aprroved to $4,200. Also Amex Platinum aprroved in October. Now I saw i'm pre-approval for SPG, Hilton, BCE, Delta, etc on their site.  Basicaly Amex dont care how many payments you made on your card.

Message 32 of 34
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I know that after my first statement, I never had an issue with extra payments.  

Guyatthebeach

Message 33 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

When I first received my AMEX Delta, I was planning to do the same but read various replys on this forum that warned against it. Glad I listened, now that ive had the card for a while I can make multiple payments.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.