Did you mean: 

AMEX giving out free experian credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX giving out free experian credit report

Just saw this on my new statement,

My Credit Score and Report
In these times, we know how important it is to stay on top of your credit health. We are pleased to provide you with complimentary access to your credit score and report so that you have a clear understanding of where your credit stands. My Credit Score and Report gives you:

- Complimentary access to your credit score and report once a year for 30 days online.
- Access to toll-free customer education professionals to help you understand your credit
information.

You must log into your American Express online account to access this benefit. Get your
complimentary credit check up now: americanexpress.com/creditreport

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX giving out free experian credit report

Not new. Credit Secure provides another FAKO.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
Not new. Credit Secure provides another FAKO.

exactly....it's a FAKO

KingSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just saw this on my new statement,

My Credit Score and Report
In these times, we know how important it is to stay on top of your credit health. We are pleased to provide you with complimentary access to your credit score and report so that you have a clear understanding of where your credit stands. My Credit Score and Report gives you:

- Complimentary access to your credit score and report once a year for 30 days online.
- Access to toll-free customer education professionals to help you understand your credit
information.

You must log into your American Express online account to access this benefit. Get your
complimentary credit check up now: americanexpress.com/creditreport

Once a year for 30days?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Once a year for 30days?

It's free. It's not a trial or anything. You just get it, and that's it. It's only the information on your report that you see on the Experian part of CS or CCT, but that's most of the really important stuff.

I don't have any problem with free, if it's really free as in this case. And no strings attached. I got my free report last month.

Message Edited by Ulan on 06-16-2009 09:11 AM
Message 5 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Once a year for 30days?

It's free. It's not a trial or anything. You just get it, and that's it. It's only the information on your report that you see on the Experian part of CS or CCT, but that's most of the really important stuff.

I don't have any problem with free, if it's really free as in this case. And no strings attached. I got my free report last month.

Message Edited by Ulan on 06-16-2009 09:11 AM

A free Experian report? Vidi that. LOL.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not free. I've been sing AMEX CreditSecure since January for 11.99/month..Though first month is free 30 day trial, after than $11.99...Nothing is Free here
Message 7 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not free. I've been sing AMEX CreditSecure since January for 11.99/month..Though first month is free 30 day trial, after than $11.99...Nothing is Free here

You're shopping at the wrong store.

Message 8 of 13
kbell
New Contributor

It is free. The once-a-year complimentary report was, in my opinion, the only beneficial feature of the Amex Clear card, but it is now available to others. I signed up back in Aug '08 and was not required to sign up for Credit Secure.

https://www.americanexpress.com/creditreport
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As others said, this has nothing to do with CreditSecure, and it is free. It's only the Experian report, and you do not sign up for anything at all.

The CreditSecure trial gives you all three reports and is something different.

Message Edited by Ulan on 06-16-2009 07:22 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.