Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX green recon?

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

AMEX green recon?

I applied for this card, and got denied.  Asked for a recon, and they are currently looking at it.  Said my score was 619 (which was better than I thought).  Any suggestions on what I should do?  And if it gets denied again, how long should I wait to re apply and how should my credit look?  Does it have to be pretty clean?  I have lates (a year in Aug) and maxed out cards that I am currently paying down.  Thanks..

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX green recon?

@hautemama wrote:

I applied for this card, and got denied.  Asked for a recon, and they are currently looking at it.  Said my score was 619 (which was better than I thought).  Any suggestions on what I should do?  And if it gets denied again, how long should I wait to re apply and how should my credit look?  Does it have to be pretty clean?  I have lates (a year in Aug) and maxed out cards that I am currently paying down.  Thanks..

Dont know if scores in the low 600 can get you in with AMEX but good luck and i hope you do get approved!...If you do get denied again i would first make sure you pay off the maxed out cards and it has updated to the credit reports (especially EX since they tend to pull that most of times). Hopefully that will boost your score quite a bit. Second, those lates may be the reason why your are in the low 600's. 30 day lates will not hurt as much like 60 or 90. And if you are having your applications reviewed manually you will need a good reason to explain why you have those lates. I would wait at least 6 more months and let those lates age.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.