cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

Established Contributor

AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

co-braned card. like amex usaa, hsbc, boa, etc.
Message 2 of 13
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

I applied for it few months ago and they sent me store card instead. I'll wait 6 months and I'll ask them to see if they would upgrade the store card to amex card.
Message 3 of 13
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

It would be nice if they were in cahoots. GEMB could learn a lot in terms of customer service.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?



haulingthescoreup wrote:
It would be nice if they were in cahoots. GEMB could learn a lot in terms of customer service.


what she said! i'm almost ready to kick them to the curb.
Message 5 of 13
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

I Agree. GEMB support is very bad. I have 4 cards issued by them. Both online and CS support is very poor. I guess, I'll let my accounts age and close them later as there is no AF on the cards. My HSBC cards are worse not only the support is bad, I have to pay  AF on them.
Message 6 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?

I did one of those retail purchases a couple years ago where the promotion is no interest for twelve months.
It was a large purchase and I payed regular and "small". Soooo , at the end of the year I paid it off and I know this gets their "goats" since they expect you not to make it.
They took quite a few days to post, probably looking for a loop whole. Now this large CLI sits their giving my UTL a nice boost.
 
I don't like them because they have taken over almost all the dept. store banking in the known universe including some of my favorites, thereby introducing surly financial services to otherwise wonderful retail businesses.
RP
Message 7 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?



notmyname wrote:
I did one of those retail purchases a couple years ago where the promotion is no interest for twelve months.
It was a large purchase and I payed regular and "small". Soooo , at the end of the year I paid it off and I know this gets their "goats" since they expect you not to make it.
They took quite a few days to post, probably looking for a loop whole. Now this large CLI sits their giving my UTL a nice boost.
 

Don't you love it when you pay zero percent and beat the CCC's at their own game? Ah- we've come a loooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg way!!
Message 8 of 13
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?


notmyname wrote:
I did one of those retail purchases a couple years ago where the promotion is no interest for twelve months.
It was a large purchase and I payed regular and "small". Soooo , at the end of the year I paid it off and I know this gets their "goats" since they expect you not to make it.
They took quite a few days to post, probably looking for a loop whole. Now this large CLI sits their giving my UTL a nice boost.
I don't like them because they have taken over almost all the dept. store banking in the known universe including some of my favorites, thereby introducing surly financial services to otherwise wonderful retail businesses.
RP

It astonishes me how GEMB and WFN have almost cornered the market on so many of the good retail stores, and they are well-known for poor customer service.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX in cahoots with GEMB?



haulingthescoreup wrote:

It astonishes me how GEMB and WFN have almost cornered the market on so many of the good retail stores, and they are well-known for poor customer service.

Me too! You would think the stores want their customers treated well.
Message 10 of 13