Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎05-12-2013
0

AMEX internal scoring

I have been using Scorewatch by Discover since it's only 9.99 a month and let you access your credit reports fairly regularly. When I received my AMEX sky blue in the mail today it said my EQ Fico was 676. So I became a little worried that I have become a little over confident based on FAKO scores. When I checked on MyFico it gave me the same score that ScoreWatch has been giving me in the 700's. So I'm guessing that Amex's letter was referencing an internal scoring?

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring

Amex pulls EXPERIAN.

Discover and Scorewatch pulls EQUIFAX.

 

 

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring


Griselle wrote:

I have been using Scorewatch by Discover since it's only 9.99 a month and let you access your credit reports fairly regularly. When I received my AMEX sky blue in the mail today it said my EQ Fico was 676. So I became a little worried that I have become a little over confident based on FAKO scores. When I checked on MyFico it gave me the same score that ScoreWatch has been giving me in the 700's. So I'm guessing that Amex's letter was referencing an internal scoring?


Sounds like AMEX pulled a different flavor of FICO other than BEACON 5.0.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring

When I got my Green Card, I never received a copy of my fico score?! Is there a reason why???

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,217
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring

You applied for a Charge card, they are not required to give you your FICO score if they approved you, because you got the best possible APR. If you get a revolver and they don't give you the best APR because of your FICO score they are required to give you a report.

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 8.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring

Ohhh gotcha...okay.

 

Thanks!


jamesdwi wrote:

You applied for a Charge card, they are not required to give you your FICO score if they approved you, because you got the best possible APR. If you get a revolver and they don't give you the best APR because of your FICO score they are required to give you a report.

 

 


 

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
New Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎05-12-2013
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring

I think the report that Amex pulls depends on which state you're in. The letter that came with my card specifically said that the source was Equifax even though they pulled all three. ScoreWatch monitors experian but gives you quarterly access to all three reports with corresponding scores.
American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,067
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring


Griselle wrote:
I think the report that Amex pulls depends on which state you're in. The letter that came with my card specifically said that the source was Equifax even though they pulled all three. ScoreWatch monitors experian but gives you quarterly access to all three reports with corresponding scores.

If it said it was an EQ FICO, and you pulled your EQ FICO from here at the same time, and they were different, I would second LS's comment above.  Amex must be giving  you a different version of EQ than Beacon 5.0.  But it's not an internal Amex score.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring


Griselle wrote:
....ScoreWatch monitors experian but gives you quarterly access to all three reports with corresponding scores.

SW monitors EQ, not EX an only provides your EQ report and EQ FICO score. It doesn't monitor all 3. It also gives you a chance to pull 2 reports per year at your discretion with the first being used when you first subscribe.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,465
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: AMEX internal scoring


llecs wrote:

Griselle wrote:
....ScoreWatch monitors experian but gives you quarterly access to all three reports with corresponding scores.

SW monitors EQ, not EX an only provides your EQ report and EQ FICO score. It doesn't monitor all 3. It also gives you a chance to pull 2 reports per year at your discretion with the first being used when you first subscribe.


I have been using Scorewatch by Discover (from the OP)

 

I think Scorewatch/SW are getting combined/mixed up here.  SW from MyFICO; Scorewatch from Discover. 

 

And yes, you're probably getting a Beacon 9.0 score for EQ.

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 822 TU = 830 - 01/2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.