Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX invite?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX invite?

Centurion invite has no direct correlation to your net worth income.  It depends on your spend and history with Amex.  Obviously, you need income to support the spend, but income/net worth doesn't get you invite. So does cousin have long history of high spend with Amex?  I have seen centurion invite.  It comes via ups or FedEx and not regular mail.  Comes in more of package.  Not really something you can shred aside from some of the papers.  The af quoted seems off to any Amex product I am aware of.   Centurion would be 7500 dollars in any case.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Well the black card in my wallet came with hole punches, 2 more and I get a free coffee!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Centurion invite has no direct correlation to your net worth income.  It depends on your spend and history with Amex.  Obviously, you need income to support the spend, but income/net worth doesn't get you invite. So does cousin have long history of high spend with Amex?  I have seen centurion invite.  It comes via ups or FedEx and not regular mail.  Comes in more of package.  Not really something you can shred aside from some of the papers.  The af quoted seems off to any Amex product I am aware of.   Centurion would be 7500 dollars in any case.

True. I just meant that with an income of only 200k he wouldn't have sufficient income (for spending) to justify an invite. Even if he pushed all 200k through his Amex it wouldn't clear the minimum threshhold, and he hasn't even paid any taxes on that 200k yet.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Sticker wrote:
So my cousin just this week got a huge envelope from AMEX invite to a credit card. He said he was a black card but did not remember the name and carried a $899 AF. I told him I think that was a invite to the centurion card AMEX's top card. When he noticed the AF he trashed it. But after I explained what I thought the invite was for. He was wondering if there is a special number to call the possible get the card without the actual invite in hand. Sorry for typo on phone sitting in ER waiting on wife.

Screw the credit card, I just hope that your wife is OK.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.