Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX is watching me!

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX is watching me!

SisterGirl,

Thanks. I thought it was maybe something more straightforward like a message on the inline account. I can't see soft inquiries anywhere on my myfico reports. I know Equifax shows them at equifax.com but I don't subscribe anymore. 

Would they mainly survey Experian? And if so, how does one go about seeing soft inquiries on an Experian report with a requesting a physical copy of the report?...or any report?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 19
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

SisterGirl,

Thanks. I thought it was maybe something more straightforward like a message on the inline account. I can't see soft inquiries anywhere on my myfico reports. I know Equifax shows them at equifax.com but I don't subscribe anymore. 

Would they mainly survey Experian? And if so, how does one go about seeing soft inquiries on an Experian report with a requesting a physical copy of the report?...or any report?

You can actually see your softs on Equifax even without having a report number...go to "dispute my credit report" on the equifax page, enter your information and some security questions will be asked without the confirmation code on your report...voila! Go to inquiries and you'll see both hard and soft ones!

Message 12 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive charged over $4000 on my BCE the past two months! Hope they dont FR me!! Hahah
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 19
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

SisterGirl,

You are able to pull a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months at annualcreditreport.com

I pulled my Experian report 30 days ago, but I kept the report number and have continued to view an UPDATED report every 3 or 4 days to track soft pulls, balances, and hard pulls. All for free. Pretty terrific. I believe the report stays available for 90 days or so. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

SisterGirl,

Amex will NEVER pull my TU report, but they do Equifax/Experian on a regular basis. What I've done in the past is take a look at my report every when I think about it...for free ! I know that they AR once a month, so I will check either one every 60-90 days (use the reason "adverse action" to get it FREE). They don't know....don't check....and I don't pay !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 15 of 19
LesWH
Established Contributor

And yet another soft pull on Christmas Day!! AMEX is nosey!! LOL!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 16 of 19
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:
My 3x increase next month and they already soft me 3 times in last month......used almost 3k on 1000k BCE and Green charge

1000K BCE?  That's a lot of credit limit!

Message 17 of 19
Braydon
New Contributor

I just pulled my EQ report and I'm not showing a hard or soft pull from AMEX ever. 

My AMEX cards are listed under my accounts but thats it!  I have 3 HP from my kids school and a ton of SP but no AMEX pulls ..Is that normal?

Message 18 of 19
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Braydon wrote:

I just pulled my EQ report and I'm not showing a hard or soft pull from AMEX ever. 

My AMEX cards are listed under my accounts but thats it!  I have 3 HP from my kids school and a ton of SP but no AMEX pulls ..Is that normal?

You should look at your EX report. AmEx primarily pulls EX. They will also pull others if you're borderline.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.