cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX isn't holding their end of the bargain.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX isn't holding their end of the bargain.

@red259 wrote:

I got amazon prime on my BCP. Then it auto renewed and I had receieved the amex everyday card which also has an amazon prime offer. Amex sent me the code for the second card. I entered the code and it extended my prime membership an extra year. Then I contacted amazon and told them I didn't want to pay for the membership because I I had the code for another free year. They said fine. However, amazon promptly cancelled my prime account (I got a credit for the money the had autop-billed me) but then they totally closed the account. I contacted amazon and was told I can't use the code for a second year (even though it was a totally different card product). 

Sorry. Red. But sometimes you can't go spilling the beans on your self.  heheheSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
red259
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I got amazon prime on my BCP. Then it auto renewed and I had receieved the amex everyday card which also has an amazon prime offer. Amex sent me the code for the second card. I entered the code and it extended my prime membership an extra year. Then I contacted amazon and told them I didn't want to pay for the membership because I I had the code for another free year. They said fine. However, amazon promptly cancelled my prime account (I got a credit for the money the had autop-billed me) but then they totally closed the account. I contacted amazon and was told I can't use the code for a second year (even though it was a totally different card product). 

Sorry. Red. But sometimes you can't go spilling the beans on your self.  heheheSmiley Very Happy

Didn't really spill anything since it gotten taken away anyway, so was worth a shot trying to get it back. I could have gone back to amex and made a thing about it but I got sidetracked.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 22
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

Update: The EO just called to update me that they're currently still investigating it. He said that there might have been a possible "miss-communication" among the email from AMEX. Remember AMEX does have the correct email address for me. I believe it's simply that the system 'thinks' it sent the email, but the system didn't actually send it. Almost like the old saying, 'one hand isn't communicating with the other." That's the way I'm interpreting this, however I could be wrong. He said, "I will call you the minute after we find out what went wrong in the process." I'm sure AMEX or Amazon can see weather the codes have been activated. I imagine AMEX must contact Amazon to find weather or not the code has been activated. I'm definitely not dishonest and I completely understand that they can't just send another email with a code. There would be folks who would take advantage of the situation if that were the case. If this proves successful I would be willing to give the extension to this particular EO to those who are in the same boat as I am. I think the deadline to activate the Amazon Prime code is sometime in July.

I'll keep you all posted!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IFtkkdx428 wrote:

Update: The EO just called to update me that they're currently still investigating it. He said that there might have been a possible "miss-communication" among the email from AMEX. Remember AMEX does have the correct email address for me. I believe it's simply that the system 'thinks' it sent the email, but the system didn't actually send it. Almost like the old saying, 'one hand isn't communicating with the other." That's the way I'm interpreting this, however I could be wrong. He said, "I will call you the minute after we find out what went wrong in the process." I'm sure AMEX or Amazon can see weather the codes have been activated. I imagine AMEX must contact Amazon to find weather or not the code has been activated. I'm definitely not dishonest and I completely understand that they can't just send another email with a code. There would be folks who would take advantage of the situation if that were the case. If this proves successful I would be willing to give the extension to this particular EO to those who are in the same boat as I am. I think the deadline to activate the Amazon Prime code is sometime in July.

I'll keep you all posted!

Following developments...Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Copypasted from the emailed code I got:

Terms and Conditions

If you are a current Amazon Prime member, including an Amazon Mom member or Amazon Student member, your complimentary year of Amazon Prime will begin on your current membership renewal date and you will maintain the same level of membership. If you are an Amazon Prime Fresh member, you can redeem the promotional code for either four additional months of Amazon Prime Fresh membership or one year of Amazon Prime membership (without Fresh, if you elect to downgrade prior to redeeming) which would begin after your current membership expires. If you are an Amazon Student member in a six-month Student free trial you can redeem the promotional code for one year of AmazonStudent membership, which would begin immediately upon redemption. Promotional codes are good for one-time use only and must be redeemed by 8/31/15.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 15 of 22
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Copypasted from the emailed code I got:

Terms and Conditions

If you are a current Amazon Prime member, including an Amazon Mom member or Amazon Student member, your complimentary year of Amazon Prime will begin on your current membership renewal date and you will maintain the same level of membership. If you are an Amazon Prime Fresh member, you can redeem the promotional code for either four additional months of Amazon Prime Fresh membership or one year of Amazon Prime membership (without Fresh, if you elect to downgrade prior to redeeming) which would begin after your current membership expires. If you are an Amazon Student member in a six-month Student free trial you can redeem the promotional code for one year of AmazonStudent membership, which would begin immediately upon redemption. Promotional codes are good for one-time use only and must be redeemed by 8/31/15.

Thank you, for sharing! I've heard a few different dates, but hopefully I can redeem it within the next few days! I honestly could care less about Amazon Prime. I order a pack of shaving razors once every few months along with something else to get the total over the $35 minimum for free shipping. I also didn't apply for the promotion, I applied for the AMEX relationship. But when I'm promised something and I don't get it, I won't sit in idle.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually did recieve en email containing the code but deleted it on accident when I was deleting a lot of mail I didn't need. I called them up about a month ago about it and told them what I did and the guy told me he saw that they did send it out. He then asked me more questions to make sure it really was me and told me that he could not tell me the amazon code over the phone even though he confirmed it was me and told me they were going to resend me the email within a couple days to investigatge again. 3 weeks later passed and I got a call from amex that they investigated my case and gave me the code over the phone.

Message 17 of 22
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually did recieve en email containing the code but deleted it on accident when I was deleting a lot of mail I didn't need. I called them up about a month ago about it and told them what I did and the guy told me he saw that they did send it out. He then asked me more questions to make sure it really was me and told me that he could not tell me the amazon code over the phone even though he confirmed it was me and told me they were going to resend me the email within a couple days to investigatge again. 3 weeks later passed and I got a call from amex that they investigated my case and gave me the code over the phone.

I'd fess up if I deleted it, however I'm 99% sure I didn't. Thank you for sharing! Glad to know there is hope.

Update: Still no update, haha.

Message 18 of 22
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

Update: The EO got in touch with me today! I missed a few calls while taking a nap today, so I called as soon as I woke up. I wasn't quite awake yet, so I can't remember much of the conversation. However, he did give me the Amazon Prime promotional code! I'm extremely satisfied. I know I mentioned that I would share the extension to his phone number, but before ending the call he made it very clear to me, "...that if I need anything, I mean anything then please give me a call directly. No matter how big or small." This is a relationship that I wouldn't want to ruin in the case I want an APR reduction or a CLI, etc. I hope you all understand. I imagine that there are other wonderful EOs at AMEX.

Even though I'm 99% certain this is AMEX's fault and the EO is just doing his job. I plan to write to AMEX via online to commend him on his excellent service, making me feel as if I'm his only customer as well as keeping me updated. He handled it very professionally and since I work in the financial industry, then I can certainly attest to this statement. 

I know there are many out there who didn't get what was promised to them. Call an EO and get what you deserve!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IFtkkdx428 wrote:

Update: The EO got in touch with me today! I missed a few calls while taking a nap today, so I called as soon as I woke up. I wasn't quite awake yet, so I can't remember much of the conversation. However, he did give me the Amazon Prime promotional code! I'm extremely satisfied. I know I mentioned that I would share the extension to his phone number, but before ending the call he made it very clear to me, "...that if I need anything, I mean anything then please give me a call directly. No matter how big or small." This is a relationship that I wouldn't want to ruin in the case I want an APR reduction or a CLI, etc. I hope you all understand. I imagine that there are other wonderful EOs at AMEX.

Even though I'm 99% certain this is AMEX's fault and the EO is just doing his job. I plan to write to AMEX via online to commend him on his excellent service, making me feel as if I'm his only customer as well as keeping me updated. He handled it very professionally and since I work in the financial industry, then I can certainly attest to this statement. 

I know there are many out there who didn't get what was promised to them. Call an EO and get what you deserve!

Glad to hear it all worked out perfectly... Sooooo can I have that number? Just jokingSmiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.