cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX isn't holding their end of the bargain.

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX isn't holding their end of the bargain.

@Anonymous wrote:

@IFtkkdx428 wrote:

Update: The EO got in touch with me today! I missed a few calls while taking a nap today, so I called as soon as I woke up. I wasn't quite awake yet, so I can't remember much of the conversation. However, he did give me the Amazon Prime promotional code! I'm extremely satisfied. I know I mentioned that I would share the extension to his phone number, but before ending the call he made it very clear to me, "...that if I need anything, I mean anything then please give me a call directly. No matter how big or small." This is a relationship that I wouldn't want to ruin in the case I want an APR reduction or a CLI, etc. I hope you all understand. I imagine that there are other wonderful EOs at AMEX.

Even though I'm 99% certain this is AMEX's fault and the EO is just doing his job. I plan to write to AMEX via online to commend him on his excellent service, making me feel as if I'm his only customer as well as keeping me updated. He handled it very professionally and since I work in the financial industry, then I can certainly attest to this statement. 

I know there are many out there who didn't get what was promised to them. Call an EO and get what you deserve!

Glad to hear it all worked out perfectly... Sooooo can I have that number? Just jokingSmiley Happy

Me TOO!! Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX isn't holding their end of the bargain.

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Copypasted from the emailed code I got:

Terms and Conditions

If you are a current Amazon Prime member, including an Amazon Mom member or Amazon Student member, your complimentary year of Amazon Prime will begin on your current membership renewal date and you will maintain the same level of membership. If you are an Amazon Prime Fresh member, you can redeem the promotional code for either four additional months of Amazon Prime Fresh membership or one year of Amazon Prime membership (without Fresh, if you elect to downgrade prior to redeeming) which would begin after your current membership expires. If you are an Amazon Student member in a six-month Student free trial you can redeem the promotional code for one year of AmazonStudent membership, which would begin immediately upon redemption. Promotional codes are good for one-time use only and must be redeemed by 8/31/15.

Woah you get it even if you have prime? I got my Amex BCE (2013) and everyday (2014) and they were promoting this and never got it for either card 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.