Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX member since YEAR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX member since YEAR

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my first Amex in 2006 (now closed). My online member since date is 2012 - the date of my 2nd Amex since closed. When i applied for my BCP in 2015 I logged in and my Member Since date on the website said 2012. I received my card and it said 2015. I chatted up support and they sent me a card that said 2012 - so they match. They won't report it as such to the bureaus anymore. But if you want all your physical cards to have matching dates - it can be done. It looks like from here on out I will go with 2012.

My BCE has a 2015 MSD.  My Hhonours has the 1987 MSD.  I've thought of asking for a new BCE card so that I could get that date on it, but really...first of all, no one really even looks at the card anymore, and second, even if they did, I'm sure they don't care about the old geezer in front of them holding out his AMEX going "look, LOOK right THERE!"  Smiley Wink

I don't see much use other than my own satisfaction, and I can just go online and see that.

Message 31 of 49
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my first Amex in 2006 (now closed). My online member since date is 2012 - the date of my 2nd Amex since closed. When i applied for my BCP in 2015 I logged in and my Member Since date on the website said 2012. I received my card and it said 2015. I chatted up support and they sent me a card that said 2012 - so they match. They won't report it as such to the bureaus anymore. But if you want all your physical cards to have matching dates - it can be done. It looks like from here on out I will go with 2012.

My BCE has a 2015 MSD.  My Hhonours has the 1987 MSD.  I've thought of asking for a new BCE card so that I could get that date on it, but really...first of all, no one really even looks at the card anymore, and second, even if they did, I'm sure they don't care about the old geezer in front of them holding out his AMEX going "look, LOOK right THERE!"  Smiley Wink

I don't see much use other than my own satisfaction, and I can just go online and see that.

Seriously. Show me a person who is impressed by a member since date and I'll show you a unicorn. 

Message 32 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously. Show me a person who is impressed by a member since date and I'll show you a unicorn. 

Right!   Despite all the "Welcome to the X family" [expletive deleted] here, all the MSD really means is "I have had a commercial relationship with a creditor since that date"    Which has the same amount of value as "I have shopped at [favorite grocery store] since 1999"

Message 33 of 49
myscore1
New Contributor

Conclusions:

1-The AMEX agent I spoke to is an idiot

2-The backdated membership year is no longer reported by AMEX to the bureaus according to the members experience.

3-AMEX is clearly aware that by displaying the backdate (either on the card, or on the statement) some members experience some degree of satisfaction and may be a boost to their egos.

4-Some people here are way too judgemental.

5-Let there be love (coincidentally, that song by Oasis is very appropriately playing on my computer right now)

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 34 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, additional conclusion:
We told you so.
Message 35 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rough crowd! Maybe a bit jaded as well. Not at all trying to impress anyone with my 2012 member date, lolz! A bit OCD perhaps?...Guilty as charged. My post might help answer someone's burning question.... which is what this forum is all about... right?

Message 36 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're pretty much on schedule for our monthly "Omg, AMEX backdated my member since date, my CR is going to go through the roof" post.
Message 37 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1,000. Did not change the date on simplycash, even though could.

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing the League of Legends AMEX serve I had back in 2012 doesn't count for Member since?   Because my card only says 2015.  Side note, I remember thinking the LoL Serve had a crazy sign up bonus......little did I know....

Message 39 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I feel like hugging somebody when I get carded now... LOL

headbanger.gif.... how I think.

grandpa.gif.... how I look (and often feel).

That is so funny UncleB - that's how I feel too!! Smiley LOL

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.