Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX multiple CLI increase

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

AMEX multiple CLI increase

Hi, I dont know for sure about multiple CLI increase at the same for Amex. On may 21, my amex everyday preferred will be eligible for 61 days 3x CLI and my BCE eligible

for 6 months 3x CLI. My question is can i request increases on both of them at the same time?or only one then wait 6 months and ask for the other?Thanks

PS: Another question is can i transfer a portion of my BCE's cli  to my everyday,and then request for 3x when the 61 days come?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX multiple CLI increase

You can only ask for one of them. Then the clock starts on your next CLI request. 90 days if denied, 6 months if approved.

Not 100% sure on moving CLs between cards, I think they account has to be open for 12+ months before you can move limits.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Genkeim wrote:

You can only ask for one of them. Then the clock starts on your next CLI request. 90 days if denied, 6 months if approved.

Not 100% sure on moving CLs between cards, I think they account has to be open for 12+ months before you can move limits.

Yes, the "From" account has to be open for more than 12 months.  There is also a shorter period for the "To" card (may be 60 days) but this wasn't enforced for me or several others with the Blue Cash.  Doubt that card had special treatment, so probably generally waivable by a rep.

Message 3 of 4
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Genkeim wrote:

Yes, the "From" account has to be open for more than 12 months.  There is also a shorter period for the "To" card (may be 60 days) but this wasn't enforced for me or several others with the Blue Cash.  Doubt that card had special treatment, so probably generally waivable by a rep.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.